outlook company directory

Last Updated:

1. Big.mac

Big.mac New Member This Topic's Starter

I've set up my Desire to synch email, contacts and calender with Outlook. All seems to work fine except.....when I try to lookup a contact from the company directory. It never finds anyone. This worked on my old WM device. Am i doing something wrong or is there something I need to do to synch the directory first?

Please help this is really bugging me now.

Advertisement
  2. jonokimber

jonokimber Active Member

If it helps, mine works fine without any extra setup. I'm no expert on the server side of thngs but maybe you have a sercurity certificate issue or something like that?

Jono

3. baronb

baronb New Member

I have the same issue, logged a call with HTC UK. Nothing back yet, I tried touchdown and that can use the GAL. My IT cant see any settings that it could be...

Hope to get some fix at some point.

4. jonokimber

jonokimber Active Member

Mine is a Carphone Warehouse unbranded Desire if this helps. I am on my company provided Vodafone sim.

Still works fine.

Never faultered.

Jono

5. 400ixl

400ixl Well-Known Member

Are you sync'ing with the exchange server over the air, or with outlook on your local PC?

6. Big.mac

Big.mac New Member This Topic's Starter

syncing over the air.

Phone is unbranded factory unlocked. Using Voda corporate SIM. SIM works fine with same settings on my WM phone

7. goodbyte

goodbyte New Member

Hi, I have the same issue, however I have also noted that if I access my exchange server via outlook web access I do not have any contacts in "global contacts" just "all users". Do you have the same setup?

8. vpxavier

vpxavier New Member

Hello,
    I have the same issue and contacted the HTC support twice without any feedback, they told me support level 2 or 3 would call me back one week ago...

To help, this is what I have tested already:
    1. deleting the exchange settings
    2. uncheck and check the checkbox that enable/disable contact replication
    3. reboot and test the same thing

No, I don't, I can see my contacts in the globall address list.
    I have MS Exchange 2007 SP1 Rollup 10.

I hope someone will find a solution to this... this is preventing a possible usage of HTC devices in my company (currently using Blackberry).

Regards,
    Xavier

9. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Many exchange users seem to be using touchdown. Have you tried that?

10. stueyboy

stueyboy Well-Known Member

I'm using touchdown because I had a large number of my contacts in a sub-folder and the htc app couldn't load them. Touchdown seems to have many more useful features like being able to load up sub folder for mail as well and the calendar is very good. I think the contacts integration with the HTC app isn't great either but it works just about.

11. vpxavier

vpxavier New Member

Hello,
    Today, HTC released a system update (1.21.405.2).
    So, I decided to try again after the update installation.
    1. First, I removed the existing exchange account
    2. I added it again with manual settings
    ...and it works! I have access to all users from my address book.

I must also say that we've update our exchange 2007 server with Service Pack 2 and I don't know if the solution is due to HTC's update or to Exchange's SP2.

I hope this post will help you too.

12. gurmukhp

gurmukhp Active Member

I'm having the exact same problems! Works fine on Touchdown just not the native app.

Anyone know if Froyo will fix this?

13. j35u5fr34k

j35u5fr34k Member

Welcome to HTC. Your GAL (Company Directory) is now inaccessible from your phone. Every other phone in the world can do this very easily. We are doing nothing to fix the problem and we will not release a statement to say, "Sorry, but we don't know how to fix it." You have two choices now. Take the blue pill and pay $20 to purchase Touchdown for Exchange and everything will go back to the way it was or take the red pill and root your phone and install an AOSP ROM that actually allows you to do this. The choice is yours but remember there is no going back. Actually, I take that back. You can just unroot and go back to stock. Violate your TOS!
    Oh and btw, don't bother calling because we will simply tell you that we will put your issue on a spreadsheet for the engineers to look at and there will never be a resolution as they won't actually look at it.
    Also, don't bother trying to call Verizon as they will tell you that this is an HTC issue and they don't support the software only the hardware.