Outlook email clientSupport

1. Ok here is an issue I am having and I have noticed it only with this phone. I have an outlook email account that I use. Instead of using the outlook app ( which I know drains the battery really quickly) what could be another alternative? I tried K-9 and didnt really care for that. is it possible to sync my email outlook account with my gmail app?

Advertisement
  2. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

You can go into the settings for outlook email and set up an automatic forward to your gmail account. Then, in gmail (on a PC browser, not the phone), settings, accounts, and set up your outlook.com account as a "send mail as" account and when replying to a message, set to reply from the same account a message was sent to.

That's one way. The other way is to use the stock mail client for Outlook.com and set up the account using these IMAP and SMTP settings: Settings for POP and IMAP access - Outlook - Office.com
    Thom likes this.
  3. Thanks man and it works great thanks again :)
    doogald likes this.
  4. Just a thought...who else notices a battery drain using the outlook app? is this just me?
  5. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

Did you do a Factory Data Reset after upgrading to Kit Kat?

... Thom
  6. whats the reset have to do with it?
  7. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

Apparently that means no.

If you had done it then running in Safe Mode would tell you if the problem was caused by an app that you added.

If you have not done it then running in Safe Mode MIGHT tell you if the problem was caused by an app that you added.

The probability is that you eventually will do a Factory Data Reset after every major system upgrade (like JB to KK) so do it when it is least inconvenient.

... Thom
  8. so this would fix this issue with the app?
  9. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

I don't use the outlook mail app, but it does appear to be a problem: Outlook.com a drag on battery life. - Microsoft Community

That said, it could be an Android 4.4 problem if the app uses exchange activesync for push. There was a bug fix for exchange problems with the stock mail client for the Nexus 5 when it was updated to 4.4.2; maybe the same issue exists for the Droids on 4.4?