outlook events all with notification

Last Updated:

1. bern_viking

bern_viking Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi

I sync with outlook and most of my events/appointments are without alarm. But when i sync them to the hero using the HTC Sync software, they all get the setting of notifying me... what am i doing wrong? I dont want to get the alarm for each and every thing i have entered in my calendar, just the selected ones :confused:
    Thanks for help and tips

Advertisement
  2. anthonyaykut

anthonyaykut New Member

Actually, I'd like to know the answer/solution to this as well - I nearly jumped out of my skin when my "silent" appointments came to life with a HTC Hero reminder in the middle of the night -- twice. :(

3. bern_viking

Hello

It seems like no one has a solution to this problem. Why? I am the only one bothered by this? (No, as at least a few souls have also complained about it...)

So, is there any software out there that will do what mighty google and cool htc sense doesn't seem to be able to? That is:

- Sync with outlook
    - Sync notifications properly (no, i dont want notifications for all events or for none grrrr)
    - Sync private setting for events (no, i dont want all or none set as private grrrrr)
    - Sync directly between my PC running outlook and my android over a normal USB connection (no, why does gcal have to get involved? I can live with it if it fulfilled the above criteria)
    - Tasks would be nice

Looking at:
    RoadSync - Access Outlook E-mail on Your Smartphone Wirelessly!
    (looks nice, but seems not to sync over USB. Any experiences?)
    and
    MyLink products ? email sync with Android for end-users and corporations
    (probably going to try this. Any experiences?)

I show people my htc hero, they find it cool and "oooo, I want one", but when they hear about those problems, i can see them mentally backing away to their nokias, sony ericsons and whatnots...

My partner has threatened me with all kind of nasty things if the alarm goes off again in the middle of the night because htc hero has decided to notify me of Easter Monday at 12:00 am....

Stupid, cool, nice, idiotic, great htc hero....

Thanks for all answers

Cheers

4. brykins

brykins Well-Known Member

You'd have thought that Google would have got the basics of Phone, Email, Calendar and Contacts right, wouldn't you?

To say that the PIM apps are poor is an understatement.

But hey! Animated wallpapers!

5. mattdanielc

mattdanielc Well-Known Member

my hero also decided to wake me up to tell me it's easter - very annoying!!

6. Jaffa

Jaffa Well-Known Member

Before you goto sleep open audio manager and disable notification volume

7. bern_viking

Jaffa, thanks, and i already do that automatically with the Timerrific app... but it is still annoying that you only have "everything off" or "everything on" options. What if you really need a wakeup call at 5 am? or if you dont want to be reminded of every event during the day?