1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Outlook ifno to my phone

Last Updated:

1. beaufred

beaufred New Member This Topic's Starter

I just got my samsung and am trying to get my info from outlook on it. I was a blackberry user before so I would like to get my notes and tasks and memo pads over. I was able to get the contacts and calender exported from outlook to my gmail account and everything showed up great but I can not figure out where to go from here. Any help would be apprectiated because there are just to many things to transfer over one at a time.

Thanks
    Beaufred

Advertisement
  2. anderkoo

anderkoo Member

What info are you trying to transfer? Email? Please be more specific. You actually seem to have done the hard part first - because i"m curious how you got your contacts exported from outlook into gmail!

3. beaufred

there is an area on outlook to export your contacts as a microsoft word excel file. then in gmail I think under settings you can import it from the pc. I had a tmobile rep help me with that one. I am able to to it for contacts and calendar but i really want to figure a way to get notes and memo pad tasks over. If you are able to figure it out let me know

Beaufred

4. anderkoo

anderkoo Member

Oh - I have answers for how to get your email over, but the thing is - where would you import notes and tasks into? There's no Google App for either of those. Well, there is for Tasks, but it works so totally differently (and isn't really on Android yet) that I can't see that being useful.

5. beaufred

I have the samsung behold2 it has a little icon that says memo pad and tasks. So I guess I am assuming that i could transfer the ones over from outlook if I was smart enough to figure it out. I guess each device is different. I just need a way to get all of my notes, memos ext.. over. I guess I could email them and then copy and paste but I cant seem to figure out how to copy and paste something from my email on this device. On my blackberry i could just select and then scroll down over what I wanted then hit copy on my menu but I cant seem to figure out anything like that here. Fun phone my first android but having a little bit of a struggle in figuring a few things out

Beaufred