Outlook Sync

Last Updated:

1. kgfloyd

kgfloyd New Member This Topic's Starter

Looking to buy the new Droid. How does the Droid sync with outlook without Exchange Server and I do not want to upload to gmail. Need to sync calendar, contacts and email from pop account.

Advertisement
  2. Carmen

Carmen Active Member

I have had my Droid since release and have spent several weeks and hours trying to figure this out. So far....IT'S A NO GO! I have placed several phone calls, posts and such but all answers seem to be a "fix around" with google somehow involved. You can get your emails (I have Outlook 2007-yahoo) but it doesn't sync with Outlook. Contact sync through google - not Outlook and Calendar is google as well. No sync at all offered for task or notes with Outlook. Although there are a few 3rd party apps out there, and I have tried most or at least it seems like it, but I have yet to get a POP3 (yahoo) account through Outlook 2007 running Vista to sync within a 5-10 min sync for contacts, emails, calender, tasks and notes all toghether.

I have actually returned to my BB until I can figure this out before my 30 days is up. I'm letting you know this because I have been searching for a long time now with many frustrations and if you haven't purcharsed your Droid yet and this is something that you NEED.....then, at least in my thoughts, I would wait. The phone is cool and has tons of potential but if you need a business phone it maynot be for you or me! For those of us that NEED a constant sync and seamless with all its folders, calenders, contacts, etc and don't use Google as our email or don't have an exchange may just be waiting for the Tour2 to come out???

3. Punkinhead

Punkinhead Member

I've had no luck whatsoever getting the native Droid e-mail app to connect to our Exchange server. I'm using the free trial of Touchdown and it works great. The trial expires tomorrow and I'll pony up the $10 to buy a license.

4. Carmen

Carmen Active Member

punkinhead.....if I'm correct Touchdown is for exchange only, correct? I read in the threads that it was so didn't look at it but if it offers a non-exchange I'd give it a try...

Thanx in advance.

5. Punkinhead

Punkinhead Member

Yes, Touchdown is for Exchange only.

6. benswimming

benswimming Member

7. Carmen

Carmen Active Member

Should we just take that as the hint they are not willing to address this issue? It's not included in either of the two upcoming updates (that I can see). I'm a non-exchange, non-google account with Outlook 2007. The Droid looks like it isn't going to be for me based on business not the os system, not the functions, not the "nice" screen and not so much more. Baby needs new shoes and it's off to work with my BB.