• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Outlook Syncing Email - from phone to desktop (deleted emails stay in Outlook)

rrolff

Jun 2, 2010
This was cross posted to TMO forums - but seems very relevant here...

Seems this question has run around a few times, and I cannot be the only one with this issue - there's gotta be something...

In iTunes (I switched from Tmobile iPhone to Android Slide), when you desktop sync, if you delete an email on the phone, it deletes in the Outlook application (once sync'd).

I understand why this does not work with Google Sync (well not really - why would they not do the same thing the iPhone does with deleted emails - I guess they tag/keep track of deletions, then compare to the PC).

I delete many emails via my phone. With the current setup, I then have to go and remember what was deleted, then do it again on my PC (Windows). TMO customer service has no idea - their answer is you have to delete them twice (and basically remember what you deleted).

Please oh please - someone point me in a general direction -.things like "Touchdown" are for server based (like Balckberry) - or seem to be...

TIA !!!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones