• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Outlook syncing with Optimus S

rrb

Lurker
Jul 12, 2010
Can anyone tell me how, or a reliable app to use, to sync my LG Optimus S with my Outlook 2010?

Everything I have tried seems to include my GMail account, and all I want is a simple USB sync for my Calendar and Contacts.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks..

I use Companionlink. Sync calendar and contacts on Android, iPhone, iPad, BlackBerry - CompanionLink

It syncs Outlook on the PC with the Android contacts, calendar, tasks, notes ...

I plug in the Optimus to the PC via USB, start a sync, follow the steps and it works great.

You can choose what you want synced and what direction.

It also has a widget (Calendar & Tasks) if you want it. I use it on my home screen. It actually syncs with the Android calendar and contacts as well. I like the Android Contacts better, so I use that for contacts.

It does cost (I just looked it up, they raised the price to $50, but they have a free trial and 90 day money back deal.)

Good Luck,
Rob

Upvote 0
I use Companionlink. Sync calendar and contacts on Android, iPhone, iPad, BlackBerry - CompanionLink

It syncs Outlook on the PC with the Android contacts, calendar, tasks, notes ...

It looks good - but before I spend $40+ on an app, I need to make sure it will work the way I want it to.

Will it:

...work w/ Win7 64bit using Outlook 2010 (connected to an Exchange server) ?

... sync to the contacts kept in my Gmail account

...allow me to select what in Outlook I want to sync (specifically, I have separate outlook contacts lists, only 1 of which I want to sync

Note that I have already created a .csv file from outlook and uploaded that to Gmail. It went surprisingly well (including using the Outlook Categories to create groups in the gmail contacts).

Upvote 0
Will it:

...allow me to select what in Outlook I want to sync (specifically, I have separate outlook contacts lists, only 1 of which I want to sync

Note that I have already created a .csv file from outlook and uploaded that to Gmail. It went surprisingly well (including using the Outlook Categories to create groups in the gmail contacts).

I looked for something similar a long time ago. I gave up and just started to use gmail and its other functions.

But for Exchange why not just setup your Exchange acct on the phone ??

I think for more Exchange features you might need to purchase TouchDown(Pro). It allows yout to choose which folders to sync.

Upvote 0
To answer your questions regarding CompanionLink:

CompanionLink will work on Windows 7 64bit using Outlook 2010. However, our sync does not use Exchange - we simply offer various wired or wireless methods of syncing directly with Outlook.

CompanionLink can sync with Google Contacts as well. If you want to keep Google, Outlook, and your phone all synced up you'll probably want to use CompanionLink to sync Outlook to Google, then the standard Google to Android sync that's built in.

CompanionLink can sync specific folders, if that's how you have your contacts separated. This feature does require CompanionLink Pro.

All this said, we offer a 14-day free trial on all our software. Head over to our Android/Outlook sync page to learn all about it and download the free trial to check it out for yourself. And if you have any other questions, just let me know!

- David Z.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Claiming a hotmail address to sync contacts is a really lame hack. I'd perfer to pay the $40+ for Companion Link...
In my opinion syncing through Hotmail is way better. It works great. It syncs automatically. It's hassle-free. It lets you sync multiple PCs and multiple Android devices. It's free. It requires no additional programs or apps. Why do you say it's a really lame hack"?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones