Outlook tasks in Droid XSupport

Last Updated:

1. sam007

sam007 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Guys

Will Froyo be able to synchronize the tasks within Outlook to the Droid?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. jasondhsd

jasondhsd Well-Known Member

1. Download and install Gtasks from market on your Droidx
    2. Purchase and install gsync it http://www.daveswebsite.com/purchase_home.shtml only $15 well worth it.
    3. Open Outlook, click Settings on the gsyncit toolbar, Select Task sync, click New,
    Under Task Mapping tab: leave ssl checked, account type default, enter user name and password and click Verify account.

Very important: change the radio button from GoogleCalendar to Googletasks and in the drop down Google Tasks list select Mobile List. Under Outlook tasks select your outlook task folder. Under Sync options I choose Outlook tasks as my Primary. Everything else I left as default.

4. setup the rest of the syncs should you desire ( I recommend using only one sync program so if you using calendar sync uninstall that and use this.) Finally, make sure you click "Sync options" on the left list and setup the parameters, the settings are self explanatory so I won't go over them here. Now everything you type in Outlook Tasks will appear in Gtasks on your Droid!!

Final word of advice if you were using Calendar sync, I would do one last sync with that to make sure your outlook calendar is updated then delete the calendar on gmail that way when you setup a new calendar and sync with gsync it you won't have any weird duplicates or mismatched entries. Hope that helps.

3. sam007

What a perfect response jason. I've used gsync before and didn't know of this process

Just curious - did you hear any news of tasks support in Froyo?

Thanks again!

4. jasondhsd

jasondhsd Well-Known Member

Google Tasks is something fairly new and gsyncit just added support in August. Previously the only way to sync was to sync outlook tasks to a different google calendar. As far as support in Froyo, how do you mean? Android is the OS the rest is apps running on top. So as far as I'm concerned 2.1 supports it since I can install Gtasks (it also comes with a widget so you can display your tasks) Will google come out with a Task app of their own? I imagine they will at some point.

5. sam007

Jason

Gtasks is working fine but the tasks don't show up the notifications bar at all. Do you know any program where they would?

Thanks