Outputting display to ps3?Support

Last Updated:

1. MrPloppy

MrPloppy New Member This Topic's Starter

I thought that using dnla, i would be able to choose the ps3 as an output player for my dhd. I had a go today, but It don't work. What do I need to do, and am I right about sending it to the ps3?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. HTCWozz

HTCWozz Well-Known Member

DLNA links the phone to a TV, not a PS3

As far as um aware there's no way to link the phone to your playstation, just a television, afterall, why have it running through playstation when you can cut out the middle man so to speak and have it through TV

3. dan_hin

dan_hin Well-Known Member

You can use the phone as a media server but thats as close as you'll get. Search the market for Twonky.

4. arlrb

arlrb Well-Known Member

You should be able to, providing both are connected to your network. (DLNA is not a direct link between your phone & console (or TV, PVR etc))
    I don't have a PS3, but dlna.org says it supports it... & so do Sony.

See p161 of the DHD user manual.

5. arlrb

arlrb Well-Known Member

For exactly that reason. Why should anyone have to buy more equipment (DLNA adapter) or upgrade their existing TV by buying a new one, when they've already got a device that'll do the job?

Have a look on dlna.org, the list is pretty extensive... & growing. (& it's not just TVs)

Do you work for Apple by any chance?

6. DaveH28

DaveH28 New Member

Hi,

Just received my desire hd yesterday - i think it is absolutely superb.

However, one of the things i wanted it for was the dlna connectivity.
    I have a PS3 and therefore thought it would just work, how wrong i am!!

I have since tried about 5 different media servers (twonky, imediashare etc..)
    It connects to the PC and PS3 also connects to the PC, but the DHD and PS3 absolutely do not find each other.

If anyone manages to connect the DHD to the PS3 and successfully streams a video then the information would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

BTW..hi to forum

Dave

7. Amoanster

Amoanster Member

To the OP, Download Twonky Mobile by PacketVideo Corp from the market. Twonky could not see the PS3 when it searched for players, however, the PS3 could see Twonky. I managed to stream mp3's and photos no problem.
    Video on the other hand didnt work so well. Regular stuttering made it pretty unwatchable. I have a DLNA capable TV so i can just stream video directly to that, so im not too fussed about that. But this may be a deal breaker for you. Hope this helps.

8. Amoanster

Amoanster Member

Wrong post.

9. sandybee

sandybee New Member

I had the same problems, my laptop could see my desire HD, my PS3 could see my laptop but my Desire and PS3 could not see each other.

I'm using imedia share free with ads or can pay for ad free version.
    works flawlessly. imediashare also includes channels such as you tube tv, nasa tv, white house tv and they work great too.

It does recommend that you are on a wired connection istead of wireless for network, i am using wireless and it still worked.