Outside/daylight screen performance?General

Last Updated:

1. fliptwister

fliptwister Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I asked this is another thread but it went unanswered.

The Engadget review said it was pretty much unusable when sunny outside. Many of the reviews mention the poor performance of screen outside. I really do not have issue with this if this is only referring to direct sunlight. I can always turn so that the screen is in shadow. I have looked for videos of phone operation outside but I have not found any. I need to be able to use phone outside and in car with no issues.

Could people that have Incredible comment on how it performs outdoors when it is sunny?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Mike_B

Mike_B Well-Known Member

I've wondered the same thing. My LG Dare is useless in bright sun, but my Touch Pro works quite well. The way I understand it, the AMOLED screens are not the best for sunny/outdoor viewing. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for performance similar to my Touch Pro.

3. fliptwister

fliptwister Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

4. Mahalo

Mahalo Well-Known Member

My screen is as visible in the Florida sunshine as was my Touch Pro or my Imagio. Fact is that there is nothing you can hold in your hand that is gonna compete with the sun in brightness so you may need to "make" some shade.

5. Flaring Afro

Flaring Afro Well-Known Member

The screen has actually been improved some from the N1. It is better than the N1 according to anon's sources. Anon posted pics in the main thread and said it was better in person than it was in the pictures (which wasn't too bad).

6. hnsjst

hnsjst Member

Good thing I spend all my time inside wringing my hands waiting for pre-ordered phones and reading forum posts!

7. foreWard

foreWard Well-Known Member

I went outside yesterday afternoon and was texting a bit and the screen was not bad at all, you can defininitely see the dot matrix for the touch sensors, but you can make out the screen just fine, I did not have my sunglasses on, so I cant tell you how polarized lenses affect it, but I was pleasantly surprized after reading some of the reviews.

8. herkulease

herkulease Member

any chance you and snap photos of it?

9. jasonb1985

jasonb1985 Well-Known Member

my droid sucks in the sun too, so whatever.....

10. Flaring Afro

Flaring Afro Well-Known Member

Just click the blue arrow

11. Nimbus79

Nimbus79 Well-Known Member

a fellow floridian! what part? Can I ask a huge favor? This will be my first smartphone/ time on VZW can I get you to do a speed test on speedtest.net and post a pic?

Thanks in advance!

12. cdd543

cdd543 Well-Known Member

I had an N1 and it wasn't much worse then my 3gs. It seemed more glossy and reflective which seemed to be more of the issue to me.