outube on eris doesnt work?General

Last Updated:

1. Jay51887

Jay51887 New Member This Topic's Starter

i cant play any videos on youtube from my eris. i heard that this is widespread. does the 2.1 fix this?how do u fix this plssss!!!!!

Advertisement
  2. dragonbro

dragonbro Well-Known Member

Yes it is a known problem for eris 1.5 users........yes 2.1 will fix this. Upgrade and enjoy your phone :)

3. cgh

cgh Well-Known Member

Yep, I had the same problem with 1.5, until my root to 2.1... Strongly recommended, but only if you want your phone to be 10x better than it already is.

4. dalsnpals

dalsnpals Member

You can go to youtube through the browser and the videos work. The app does not work. Enjoy your phone.

5. grvthang

grvthang Well-Known Member

"10x better" ? That's not at all what I've been reading here. Id advise the OP to research a few threads on the topic before making a decision.

6. Romparoo

Romparoo Well-Known Member

Ya, on 1.5 the YouTube app does not work, crashes and such. But with 2.1 it works like it should, I have not had a problem yet.

7. cgh

cgh Well-Known Member

Well obviously 10x better wasn't an exact number :rolleyes: If it was possible to get a true consumer happiness index though, I'd say mine grew about 10fold after rooting and going to 2.1... Sure, OP should do some research, but I certainly wouldn't go back to 1.5.

8. Mskgreenel

Mskgreenel Well-Known Member

Lame!!!! Can't wait to get the Incredible!! The Eris was the worst decision that I've ever made regarding a phone....

9. cgh

cgh Well-Known Member

It breaks my heart to hear people like you ragging on my poor Eris... I <3 her.

10. AdrianC14

AdrianC14 Well-Known Member

I love my Eris!

In 1.5, Youtube will only work if WIFI is on.

11. ArtificialSweetener

ArtificialSweetener Banned

Well what did you expect? The Eris uses hardware from almost 3 years ago.

12. TheMortallyWounded

TheMortallyWounded Well-Known Member

Considering that I am ultimately paying $30 after rebate, and may get a refund if Eris goes "free with upgrade," I certainly can't call it a bad purchase. A bad purchase would be paying $500 for a phone that I could break on the trail while mapping the parks.

13. Thedarksunlight

Thedarksunlight Well-Known Member

haha, you never give up do you. You need to get a grip with reality vs. tech specs. Technology has become a numbers game in recent years. The higher the number the better.

Nevertheless on a sheet of it looks good, but a practical user will not notice a difference. My computer is 3 years old, as well as my hdtv is. I work in an electronics store and honestly there is no significant picture difference between a led vs lcd.

I have also used computers made this year and the only thing I notice is that they threw in a butt load of ram which many wont even utilize. Point is be realistic.

14. Tamasabian

Tamasabian Well-Known Member

Exactly. Electronics change so quickly it is really unreasonable to think you are going to be able to stay ahead of the curve at all times unless you just bank a lot of money and want to buy every new phone or t.v. the day it comes out. New electronics come out everyday but that doesn't make the ones before them dead or useless. I like my eris and it's on 1.5. I may investigate the Incredible when it hits the stores but really my eris serves me well.