• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Outward facing camera not working on Motorola Atrix 2...?

Hi there!

I've had my Motorola Atrix for a bit now, and lately I've noticed that the outward-facing camera does not work. In any instance where the front facing camera is utilized by an app, it will not work and the app and camera will shut down. For apps where the front camera is being utilized right off the bat, like Snapchat, everything will go fine as long as I don't attempt to use the outward-facing camera. :thinking:

I've tried clearing the cache, yet thus far no progress has been made.:( Any suggestions/tips? They're all greatly appreciated!:)

Hi there!

I've had my Motorola Atrix for a bit now, and lately I've noticed that the outward-facing camera does not work. In any instance where the front facing camera is utilized by an app, it will not work and the app and camera will shut down. For apps where the front camera is being utilized right off the bat, like Snapchat, everything will go fine as long as I don't attempt to use the outward-facing camera. :thinking:

I've tried clearing the cache, yet thus far no progress has been made.:( Any suggestions/tips? They're all greatly appreciated!:)

Welcome to the forums, eastbayhawkey.

It could be a storage issue. First shut the device down and pull the SIM and sd cards out along with the battery. Then put it all back in and power up. Use your file manager to move files off your sd card and into internal storage (usually designated "sdcard0"). Reboot and test for camera functionality.

Tell us how it goes. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones