• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

OUYA Android Tegra 3 gaming console

shinru2004

Android Expert
Recognized Developer
Nov 22, 2011
Charlestown
So what are everyone's thoughts about this? Myself i love the idea, and at $99 you cant beat an open source gaming console with built in game development tools!! Its said that you can also upgrade the ram among other things, i think this console will be awesome!

Hope we get a section for this!!

Specs:
Tegra3 quad-core processor
1GB RAM
8GB of internal flash storage
HDMI connection to the TV, with support for up to 1080p HD
WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
Bluetooth LE 4.0
USB 2.0 (one)
Wireless controller with standard controls (two analog sticks, d-pad, eight action buttons, a system button), a touchpad
Android 4.0

Here's the link check it out!!
OUYA: A New Kind of Video Game Console by OUYA — Kickstarter

Don't like the name and it's too generic, sounds like a Chinese cheapo tech company, e.g. Shenzhen Ouya Cheap'n'nasty Tech Co. Ltd.

...and there is a Hangzhou Ouya Electrical Appliance Tools Co., Ltd. that makes multi-way electric sockets.

There's many of this type of Android gaming console now, from hundreds of makers..
android game console.JPG
....they all come with AV leads so you can plug them into the TV.

Reactions: El Presidente
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones