1. Good things coming in just a couple hours, stay tuned!
    Dismiss Notice

Over Clock kernel ?

Last Updated:

1. Jaay Dogg

Jaay Dogg Well-Known Member Developer

Does this phone have an over clock kernel ? I have it running 4.1.1 JB

Advertisement
  2. Prinny

Prinny Resident Linux Nutcase

3. Jaay Dogg

I flash this this in fastboot & in CWM & I don't get NO over clock option's ?
  4. Prinny

What rom are you using? Id post in that thread and ask Simon what he thinks. I haven't tested it myself yet
  5. Jaay Dogg

4.1.1 CM10 JB edition
  6. Prinny

I think its only ics compatible...
  7. Jaay Dogg

So we do not have an OC kernel for sense ? I know the HTC EVO design 4g has gotten an OC kernel recently.
  8. riggerman0421

riggerman0421 Well-Known Member

Simonsimons sickkernel will work with any ics based rom. I have tested it on cm9, sicksense, and jmz's sense rom. On the Sense roms you will need to use a third party overclock app. Setcpu works great on mine.
  9. rickyx32

rickyx32 Well-Known Member

you mean i could use it with the JmzOneV4 ROM?? that would be awesome... :)

NVM, people on XDA say that it does... I wanted to try it out also, but the download link is dead... riggerman what ROM ware you using and why? Also, is there even a list of what works or doesn't work in JmzOneV4 somewhere? all other ROMs seem have one, but not this one...
  10. Jaay Dogg

Right now I'm running JMZOneV4, Was on CM9 For a minute. I would like to know why do we, have to fastboot every boot.img to get our roms to install, what happens when a PC isn't available ? So it's stare at the boot ani. until hell freezes over lol ? On another note would love to get sense OC kernel, I will see what I can do. & I will & always do post my work here at AF.
  11. riggerman0421

I'm running cm9 with the sickkernel right now. I am not a fan of Sense, I rooted the phone the day after I bought it just to get rid of it. I'll probably be staying on cm9 until the backlight bug in cm10 is fixed, then I'll update.
    rickyx32 likes this.
  12. jmz

jmz Well-Known Member

Because nothing is broken. Just don't expect using the full sense 4 option to.work without issue
    rickyx32 likes this.
  13. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles VIP Member

You have to use fastboot because HTCdev unlock is different than full s-off, you can't flash kernels/radios without a work-around.
  14. jmz

jmz Well-Known Member

And really for one v there are only 2 choices for kernels. Mine or Simons. Well stock too. My ics kernel can run any ics Rom whether it be sense or aosp. Same with Simons. My jb kernel will work on any jb Rom. So no need to flash kernel with every flash.
    agentc13 likes this.
  15. rickyx32

Crap, reading so many forums can get confusing... Okay so I would have to do the "boot.img" stuff since I would be switching to the Sick Kernel?? I have my PRIMOC One V currently running JmzOneV4, and I never had to do any of the "boot.img" stuff I keep reading about, or at least I don't think I have... lol

Is Sick Kernel the only OC kernel available? If so, where can I get it... I can't find a working download link on XDA or on the simonsimons34's blogpost...

@agentc13 I used CafeKampuchia's rooting guide, so that's the "HTCdev unlock" right? So what is s-off, is it a different method or something, what makes it different? Sorry for all the noob questions! lol
  16. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles VIP Member

S-Off is similar, except it allows you to do more (like flash kernels/radios/hboot/etc). The HTCdev unlock is sort of like a neutered version of S-Off. I do not believe that the One V has a way to achieve S-Off yet(much like the situation for the One S and One X).
  17. Jaay Dogg

I have flashed the sick kernel boot.img via fastboot & it never shows anything over 1.024 ? Using No-frills CPU Control & Rom toolbox Pro ? The phone is running JMZOneV4
    Oh not sure if this is a typo or not but the system build prop reflects v3 not v4
  18. rickyx32

I haven't found a working download link for the Sick Kernel... :/ Yeah, when I see the software version on the phone it says JmzOneV3... but the zip and the installer say V4.
  19. jmz

jmz Well-Known Member

Yeah just really a goof on my part. You can always try my kernel at primoc.hackadroid.info
  20. riggerman0421

You will need to flash the sickkernel.zip in recovery to get it to work right.
  21. Encerspay

Encerspay Well-Known Member

So, sorry, but I couldn't really follow...
    Is there an overclocking kernel for CM10 on CDMA One?
  22. Prinny

You'd have to ask Simon on xda. Pretty sure his oc kernel is for ics builds though.
  23. jmz

jmz Well-Known Member

Primoc.hackadroid.info

Choose kernel and then jb. That one def works with jb
    Encerspay likes this.
  24. Prinny

Jmz can that one be over clocked? I have not tried a jb rom yet, so I'm wondering in advance.
  25. jmz

jmz Well-Known Member

Iirc its all the way up to 1.9