• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root over phone vzw customer support

klownin5643

Apr 8, 2010
Hello guys,i have to call customer support yet again, to get my fiance's droid replaced. Last time I called, the phone was not rooted. This time its running chevy'S ROM and kernel. Either way stock or modded this phone is just buggy.and there is something, wrong with the microphone. Can they tell ota that the phone is rooted? I'm going to return it to stock before I send it back to them, but don't want to do it till I know they are going to replace it.
Last time they checked to see when the last tower update was, but I don't know if they were checking their info or my phone info.........
Thanks

I highly doubt that they can see if you phone is rooted ota. If they could im sure there would of been a huge thread about it and the privacy within the forums by now.

When they are checking for your the tower update that is when you last did *228 option 2. Im clueless of why this is their fix everytime something is wrong but let them do whatever i guess.

I personally am on my 2nd phone and this one is a pos because it switches from 3g to 1x frequently.You also cant necessarly say something is wrong with the phone when you have a non vzw issued rom. When i use Liquid Frozen Yogurt my phone is effected in a lot of different ways and when i go to a different rom it runs great. Unroot and go with the newly issued OTA 2.2 and see how your phone does then. my 2 cents.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones