Over-the-head telephone headset for the Hero?

Last Updated:

1. sprucebeach

sprucebeach Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Nov 12, 2009
    I've got a great Panasonic headset that I use on my phones that have a 2.5-mm headset socket. It has a C-shaped over-the-head frame, a padded earpiece that sits against one ear, and an adjustable microphone arm that I can put in front of my mouth so that people can hear me perfectly.

I can't seem to find a similar one with a 3.5-mm plug that I can use with my Hero. Does anyone have any headsets of this type to suggest?

2. MarkHirt

MarkHirt Guest

They cover both ears and have no boom but I use a set of Motorola S805 Bluetooth DJ Headphones

Great sound quality for music and those I talk to never complain about voice quality. They come with a 3.5mm cable but Bluetooth is much better
  3. Sirchuk

Sirchuk Active Member

Jan 31, 2010
    I've got a Motorola SD9-HD I think, bluetooth headset. It works quite well, though it's a little pricy in the $70-90 range. It's got good talk time and audio quality is decent, though I'm told I sound like I'm on a speaker phone. Listening to people in stereo is nice, as well as listening to music etc wirelessly is really handy.

Maybe use your existing headset with a 2.5 to 3.5 adapter? I don't know if it'll work or not but it might be worth a few bucks and a trip to Radio Shack..