Overclock Kernal For Prevail (just need some edits)

Last Updated:

1. Advertisement
    akashik and sillyname like this.
  2. akashik

akashik Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link. Looks like a very good way to boost up this phone a little more. Can't wait till the guys over here in the Precedent forum get their hands on it.
  3. PoorBoy52760

PoorBoy52760 Well-Known Member

well we have it i am looking into making it work on the precedent right now..
  4. akashik

Figured you guys might be. It'll be interesting to see if that processor has anything left in the tank. I know it's running pretty hard at stock, though that thread seems to show promise of almost a GigaHZ.
  5. PoorBoy52760

PoorBoy52760 Well-Known Member

we were able to OC the Precedent to 900mhz and it stays stable, still working towards 944+ hoping to get it to stay stable at that speed
  6. trenchkato

trenchkato Well-Known Member

Hey. I am thinking about porting my oc kernel to the precedent. Do you guys know if their are any differences between your phone and the prevail,?

Anyone using cm7 want to try it out for me?

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4
  7. trenchkato

trenchkato Well-Known Member

double tap.
  8. akashik

Trenchkato. Just some house keeping. It looks like Skater is doing some heavy lifting over at this thread.

Genocide Kernel

As he's credited and thanked you I'm guessing it's a Precedent version of your OC kernel.

There's someone in that thread already who's tried flashing while running CM7. Not sure if he got it running though.
  9. The~Skater~187

The~Skater~187 Well-Known Member

Actually it is a Precedent version of my Galaxy Prevail Kernel found here:
    http://androidforums.com/galaxy-prevail-all-things-root/520020-oc-i-o-gov_kernel-2-6-35-14-genocide-187-stock-ctmod.htmlTrenchkato was the one that showed me how to do the overclock and help me confirm that I was adding the I/O schedulers and CPU Governors correctly.
  10. akashik

Thanks for the correction. That's even better news to know there's two of you with different kernels interested in this phone. :)