Overclock The My Touch 3g

Last Updated:

1. Marne_Aeok

Marne_Aeok New Member This Topic's Starter

I want to overclock my phone. I successfully got it rooted, cyagenomod 4 sumthin sumthin and this nifty dark star theme - now if i could just bump the speed a bit and id be perfectly content with my phone

Advertisement
  2. jfritzs2

jfritzs2 Well-Known Member

I already helped out Marne-Aeok, but for those of your who want an answer to this here it is, but let it be know that this only works for users that have rooted their phone

Well there is a nice app for that, its called "SetCPU for Root Users" here is the QR Code for it -

[​IMG]

It is $0.99, so if you want to pay that, go for it, it does speed up your phone. You can overclock it to a constant 528mhz, but I wouldn't really suggest that you do that it'll be wear down your phone processor. Hope that helps!

In case you didn't know you can download "Barcode Scanner" from the Market then use that to scan these "QR Codes" and then select Open Browser and it'll take you right to the Market where that specific app is located for download.

Good Luck!

3. dasudevil

dasudevil Well-Known Member

there are over clock widgets in the market. Search overclock, i think 5 will pop up. Could also try this found it yesterday when i was bs'n on the net.

Let us know how it goes

4. InstantKarma

InstantKarma Well-Known Member

I'm no expert, but it seems to me that considering that it's a 528mhz processor, setting it to that speed wouldn't even be technically overclocking.

Would someone care to set me straight?

5. dasudevil

Found this hope it helps some insta...

this is from xda-developers.com

All i know is i would love to have it maxed out 24/7 then again i dont know if i could walk around with nitrogen to keep the processor cold. :p

6. InstantKarma

Yeah, that's informative, although my impression (which could very well be wrong) is that it's underclocked to 388mhz (or something in that area) and doesn't ever run at 528.

7. dasudevil

towards insta...

I heard about that too. Looks like ill be hitting up the google search to find out.

8. kski

kski Member

well I've gotten my mytouch 3g up to 528 but no higher, my friend rooted his motorola droid and is consistently running at 800 with no problems for two weeks now, I am pretty jealous and would like to know if there is a way to get myt3g up there.

9. dasudevil

I dont think that is possible without burning your phone up and then getting a nice burnt paperweight. :p

I would leave it there. Only other thing to do is wait for an new phone to emerge. I have a feeling that someone soon will be making a 1.5Ghz phone soon if they have not already. 1Ghz is starting to become the norm.

10. kski

kski Member

yea your right i should just leave it be, i guess im just to competitive haha. With all the fast roms its not necessary anyways.

11. Phateless

Phateless Well-Known Member

I've heard that MT3G runs at 328mhz stock. My only goal would be to set on-demand to max and idle to slightly under stock.

12. jfritzs2

Well the processor in the Droid is simply just faster. It came out like 6 months later and in technology time thats quite a bit, and Motorola says it should clock up to 600 Mhz so to be constantly running at 800 Mhz, is a really stupid thing to do. I've heard of people running their Nexus One's at 2Ghz when normally its supposed to be 1Ghz, it would be stupid to constantly run at 2Ghz for them.

Advice to you would be, sit back, enjoy your slightly slower phone and laugh your head off when his Droid turns into Cloud City C-3PO ........

13. viomonk

viomonk Well-Known Member

The ability to overclock it would only burn up your processor if you ran it at a constant rate higher without allowing it to throttle down when not in use.

14. jfritzs2

No one thought my joke was funny :(

15. InstantKarma

No one appreciates Marvin's sense of humor. lol

16. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

Hey that's my name too. Lol

17. InstantKarma

Yeah, I know, but I was referring to Fritz's avatar (a character from the funniest em-effing novels ever written).

18. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation VIP Member

Yea cus the movie sucked balls lol

19. jfritzs2

It wasn't that bad, I thought it was pretty good. But then again I don't really remember it, the thing that I remember the most was Marvin, so it was probably Alan Rickman's voice that made it the funniest.

Random fact - Did you know that the actor that played Willow (in Willow) was Marvin in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy? Now you do.

20. InstantKarma

Aw, come on: it blew. And I liked every single actor in it, too.

21. jfritzs2

Ha, I'll have to go watch it again, I'm trying to remember it and I can't, so that's probably why I thought it was pretty good, it just wasn't, but I don't remember better :D

22. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation VIP Member

Yea it was pretty bad but that's a neat fact .... didn't know that and I love Willow as well as Labrynth as well as Time Bandits as well as Legend and all those other 80s fantasy genre flicks.