Overclocking a Rezound?

1. thornev

thornev Well-Known Member

Does anyone know which Android files one can modify (given a rooted phone) to achieve overclocking?

I know there are apps on the market that can adjust CPU speed. I'm wondering if any of them can OVERclock the Rezound. I tried the free CPU Master app, but it won't let me clock over the 1.5Ghz speed. Thanks.

Advertisement
    :
  2. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Well-Known Member

You need to get an OC kernel of which I think there's only one. You can find it in the dev section on XDA.
  3. IzelTokatl

IzelTokatl Well-Known Member

The are 3-4 kernels if you look on xda.

dsb
    Rooted stock
    Incredikernel
    Ziggy

Also !!!bored!!! just tweak the stock to perform really well.you can grab it from his 1.5 rom. Each of them allow over clocking up to 1.8.and also undervolting.
    thornev likes this.
  4. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut? VIP Member

Are any of these usable with ICS roms? OC and UV?

D'oh, just saw the answer above me...:shot:
    At least the OC/UV part.
  5. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

i do not believe so. last i have heard,the setcpu type apps are running the 2nd processor at its max,wich is not really helping battery life,amongst other things.
    TheAtheistReverend likes this.
  6. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut? VIP Member

That's all I could find too. The whole second processor issue scares me. Don't want to go there.

I'm more interested in undervolting anyway. Trying to figure out the best way to get some decent battery life.
  7. thornev

thornev Well-Known Member

SebastianFM has an OC kernel that works on ICS. I'm using it. Love it. Oh... and I use ROM Toolbox to overclock and underclock with profiles.
    scotty85 likes this.