Overclocking bad?

Last Updated:

1. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I realize how much faster the hero can be when its wimpy processor is overclocked. I would imagine that ocerclocking would be bad for it though, to push the CPU faster than its made to be, but most people don't mind it. I'm wondering, realistically, if it is hard on the CPU to be overclocked and also how it affects battery life. Keep in mind, I'm talking about overclocking the roms made to be like zen, aloysius, purehero, busted, ect...

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Advertisement
  2. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands VIP Member

Anything that makes heat= BAD. Overclocking in and of itself isn't really bad, it is the heat that is generated that is. If you are careful, and don't work it so hard that it is really hot all the time, then overclocking won't really hurt your phone that much.... From all I've read, they have a fairly robust processor, and can take a fair amount of abuse before they start to feel the affects, anyhow. Just my .02, of course, so if you feel uncomfortable with it, by all means, don't do it!

3. Joehunni

Ok good to hear that, I remember when I was using Zen and the CPU clock was stuck at wide open throttle it hit like 113 degrees via battery indicator. Any idea how hot is too hot?

4. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

if you can feel heat, it's probably too hot lol

5. Joehunni

Lol uh ohhh...