overclocking beyond 1.1

Last Updated:

1. deantemple

deantemple Member This Topic's Starter

i'm running kangerade and cannot seem to get it running stable using anything above a 1.1Ghz kernel. i see other users on here running the same thing with kernels up to 1.25Ghz... any ideas about what might be going wrong?

Advertisement
  2. Rodeojones

Rodeojones Well-Known Member

It's just the nature of the beast. Some Droids just can't seem to handle speeds that high. And the exact kernel you use might make a difference. I can run up to 1.2Ghz, but only if I use a P3Droid kernel and at standard voltage. If I use low voltage I have to stay at or below 1.0Ghz. Try experimenting with different kernels and see if you can find one that works (assuming you haven't done so already).

deantemple likes this.
  3. zim2704

zim2704 Well-Known Member

What he said ^.

I have the same problem of anything above 1.1ghz I start to see random force closes and reboots. I personally have to use one of Chevy's kernals medium or low voltage on my current droid to get my best performance (although they run hotter than others tested). On my first droid that I got on launch day it was able to be over clocked to 1.25 with no problems but I had to use P3 kernals. Just test different ones with different voltages to find the one that best suits your phone.

deantemple likes this.
  4. psychotic_penguin

psychotic_penguin Member

I'm currently using P3's 1.2MHz low voltage, anything more than that my phone won't run at all.
    My phone runs in the 82-104 degree range on BB V 0.4. I did what Zim suggested and experimented until I found what worked the best. Granted this took a lot of time but in the end it was worth it.
    I get Quadrants around 1500 or so and Linpacks of 18+ most times.

deantemple likes this.
  5. deantemple

deantemple Member This Topic's Starter

thanks, i guess i'll just have to keep experimenting... not that my phone is a slouch, i've hit 1447 on quadrant and 16.97 on linpack, but as we all know, once you know something can be done, it must be done, lol. guess that's just the nature of the beast. i appreciate the help.

after a little trial and error i got it up to 1.2, broke 1500 on quadrant and nearly 19 on linpack... thanks again