Overclocking didnt do much

Last Updated:

1. ADos

ADos Active Member This Topic's Starter

So ive been dabbling in customizing my droid lately and im runing UD 1.0.0 with the stock slayher kernel it comes with and overclocking doesnt seem to give me a speed increase even when running at the full 1Ghz. I think it may be because i tried different ROMS and maybe didnt delete them fully when i switched back to UD? anyone have any input on what i may have done wrong?

Advertisement
  2. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member

There could be many things going on here. One, if you didn't wipe cache and data, then you could be having problems. Two, your droid may not like the slayher kernel. Three, you may have an app that is not playing nice with your droid, android, or other apps.

If you didn't wipe cache and data, go ahead and do that and reinstall the ROM. I suggest (as well as many others) that you wipe three times.

If you did wipe, maybe try flashing a different kernel. I use chevy's 1.1 LV and my droid loves it.

If you don't think that it is one of those or if those don't help, post a link to your AppBrain Android Market - find the best Android Apps and Games profile so we can see what apps you are running. If you don't have appbrain, sign up for it. I have been using it for months and love it. It gives you a full list of all apps you have installed that are in the market. By seeing your apps, we may be able to identify trouble apps, like task killers, anti-virus apps, known trouble apps, etc.

Kratos

3. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

Stock under 2.2 is what, 550?

and you didnt notice anything at a jump to 1.0?

you got issues. for sure you should notice it.