• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Overclocking help needed

oam

Mar 12, 2010
Ok, so ive rooted my phone and installed the milestone overclock app. I've read the sticky thread about overclocking but im quite confused. I know what the cpu clock speed is and i can see that on the overclock program, but in the settings, it has a list of speeds which i can customize.

Custom rate (KHz) 1200000
Custom vsel 80

what does that 1200000 khz translate to in regards to MHz? and how high is safe?
What is the safe range for the vsel?

Ok, so ive rooted my phone and installed the milestone overclock app. I've read the sticky thread about overclocking but im quite confused. I know what the cpu clock speed is and i can see that on the overclock program, but in the settings, it has a list of speeds which i can customize.

Custom vsel 80

what does that 1200000 khz translate to in regards to MHz? and how high is safe?

I believe that is 1.2GHz. I could be translating it wrong but thats what my phone is oc'ed too(1.2GHz) and I have no problems with my phone at all. It's really fast and things run smoothly. My battery will last me a day and a half so there is no issue with battery draining to fast.

Upvote 0

Custom vsel 80

1,000=Mega or 1Mhz
1,000,000=Giga or 1000Mhz or 1.0Ghz.
Make sense? 1200000 would be 1.2 Ghz. I have mine custom set at 700000=700 Mhz

If I'm wrong, someone will correct me I'm sure.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones