• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Overclocking ?? Hmm.?

I'm running Sensable and I think it has the older kernal since the max is 710. I'm primarily concerned about battery life, so I wouldn't be going above that. But would upgrading to the zanfur kernal help with battery life too?

It might... wont hurt to have the latest and greatest, even if you're not planning on OCing past 710

Overclock Patch and update.zip - xda-developers

Zanfur actually doesn't recommend going past 768. I also have mine set at 710. It's fast enough for me.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Sorry... guess I should have specified (DETAILS, DETAILS, DETAILS :) ), I am actually rooted. I did it this morning (followed with cableguy had for advice) and I flashed EE 3.0. I downloaded the SETCPU program, but when I go to move any of the bars in either direction, is freezes and I have to battery pull. To note, it only lets me go up to 528 for the max cpu. I rooted cause I wanted to take advantage of this. So, in light of the new info, got any suggestions? Anyone?

And I'll change my info (<---) right now :)

Upvote 0
Sorry... guess I should have specified (DETAILS, DETAILS, DETAILS :) ), I am actually rooted. I did it this morning (followed with cableguy had for advice) and I flashed EE 3.0. I downloaded the SETCPU program, but when I go to move any of the bars in either direction, is freezes and I have to battery pull. To note, it only lets me go up to 528 for the max cpu. I rooted cause I wanted to take advantage of this. So, in light of the new info, got any suggestions? Anyone?

And I'll change my info (<---) right now :)

I've accidently silide that thing way too fast before and the thing freezes up.
Very important to NOT have 'set on boot' checked. A simple battery pull will fix this.

However, this might not be your problem since you said your max is 528, right?
I think this might be because the SetCPU DEV requested that this not be included with roms, that way user have the option to donate when they download it. I'm assuming this is the SetCPU that was included with EE?
Or did you get it from the MArket?

Try flashing a newer one with the link above. Where did you get your version of SetCPU?

Upvote 0
Thought I would give you guys a heads up on what I noticed. I was laying in bed today trying to organize things on my phone. I noticed there was a TERRRRRIIIIIIBBBBBLLLLLEEE lag, and that my phone kept going into failsafe mode. I thought it was a custom lock screen I had installed, but I did a wipe and restored a NAND recovery of before that and it was still failing. Then I POSSIBLY pinpointed the culprit.... My phone was on the charger, and the battery was getting warm because of its charge, so it kicked it into FS mode. I know, you guys probably are thinking "duh, that's obvious", but if you didn't know that, and you ever have this problem, then here is a possible explanation.

Plus, the silicone covering I think was keeping in the heat. Took it off and its cooling down now.

Upvote 0
I have to say that, in Ivan's, I changed to Caddyman's suggestions and it was suddenly battery-eating time. I set the mins back to 19200 and my battery is doing much better again, and there is still no lag. YMMV, I guess.

Weird...I've still got mine set to Caddyman's suggestions and my battery life seems better :)confused: but :)). No statistics or emperical evidence to support this, but I'm sort of thinking that not having previously set a sleep profile, I wasn't sleeping at a lower clock rate and now I am.

Man, these computer thingys be complicated! :eek:

Upvote 0
I'm switching ROMs more often than my underwear!:eek:

Tried 4 different ones on Sunday.:rolleyes:

Now running xrtROM2.1.

OC'd to 787MHz(stable) and averaging 4.7MFLOPS!:D (averaged just under 3 MFLOPS with EEv3)

[ROM 6/13/2010] xtrROM2.1 [NEW vBoost w/jit!] [lwp,nav,oc]-Vanilla that embraces HTC - xda-developers

Me likes.:cool:

125599749.jpg
125599751.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones