Overclocking in Fresh 2.1.2

Last Updated:

1. -l3x-

-l3x- Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Can SetCPU and Autokiller work with this ROM? If so what setting do you use. :D. Also any recommendations on speed and snappiness with this ROM or other ROMS.

Advertisement
  2. ccapasso

ccapasso Well-Known Member

SetCPU and Overclock with Fresh 2.1.2 = No......

Autokiller = Yes

-l3x- likes this.
  3. -l3x-

I see. So Fresh Toast overclocks. What do you use?

4. tannerw_2010

tannerw_2010 Well-Known Member

I am curious how stable fresh toast is compared to Fresh 2.1.2? I am running Fresh 2.1.2 and it is just as stable, if not more so than the stock 2.1 ROM. I want to test out Fresh Toast, but is it even worth my time? If it isn't very stable, it is no good because I need my phone to work like a phone. lol

5. -l3x-

Wireless Tether Freezes on Fresh Toast that why I am at Fresh 2.1 I need my Internet :)

6. ccapasso

When using FreshToast you have 2 options. Either SetCPU or Overclock Widget. I recommend Overclock Widget for it. I no longer am using that ROM though as I had a few problems with it :)

-l3x- likes this.
  7. -l3x-

Looks like Fresh 2.1 is a lil laggy and laggy in messages as well. Anyone having the same issue?

8. ccapasso

I just discussed this in another thread. If you just flashed it, then chill/relax/wait/etc. I always give the ROM a day or so of use before I make any judgments on it.

Also, I don't use the default messaging app. I use Handcent with no problems. Plus, I actually replaced the default messaging app with the AOSP one (it works better).

Other than that, I have no lag whatsoever.

Lastly, I use a different launcher. I use LauncherPro. The current version with Fresh 2.1.2 is out of date, but you can find update at LauncherPro . Since switching to this, I couldn't be happier :)

9. tannerw_2010

tannerw_2010 Well-Known Member

I love Launcher Pro, as I am running it as well. Hate to get off topic from the OP, but is there a way to use the HTC widgets with launcher pro? That is the only thing I am missing from it. Mainly the clock widget, as that seems to bring the home screen to "life" imo

10. ccapasso

No. LauncherPro disables Sense. However, some people have used the app beautiful widgets to get back some of the Sense-like widgets. You might look into that.