• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Overclocking / MFLOPS performance.

HOLY FAST ERIS!
you run 806?!
time to look in Aloysius!!! does it comes JIT equipped???

No, Aloysius is a Sense based ROM. I removed the files needed to get JIT to work correctly. Also remember, its not the ROM that lets you get up to 806, its the kernal as well as the phone. I put same exact crap on a buddies phone and his max is 768. And I also flashed the lastest kernal, that is how I am able to go over 710. But remember, each phone is different.

BTW, I love your avatar. If only she was you, lol.

Upvote 0
No, Aloysius is a Sense based ROM. I removed the files needed to get JIT to work correctly. Also remember, its not the ROM that lets you get up to 806, its the kernal as well as the phone. I put same exact crap on a buddies phone and his max is 768. And I also flashed the lastest kernal, that is how I am able to go over 710. But remember, each phone is different.

BTW, I love your avatar. If only she was you, lol.

why thank you! lol
give me your setup!!! i wanna run 5 mflops at 806!! I'm only starting to learn about all this root stuff so kernal is beyond me. I started not installing some apps that always run like Voice, Buzz and Bloo.

I keep switching up roms to see which is the smoothest and I've come down to three:
White Widow 3.1
Aloysius
Zen something

I've had WW and Zen running at 768 and Aloysius is currently at 806(gasp)

WW is the fastest for me but never reached 5. Are you guys running task killers or anything?? I want a nice smooth, FAST ROM:)

Upvote 0
why thank you! lol
give me your setup!!! i wanna run 5 mflops at 806!! I'm only starting to learn about all this root stuff so kernal is beyond me. I started not installing some apps that always run like Voice, Buzz and Bloo.

I keep switching up roms to see which is the smoothest and I've come down to three:
White Widow 3.1
Aloysius
Zen something

I've had WW and Zen running at 768 and Aloysius is currently at 806(gasp)

WW is the fastest for me but never reached 5. Are you guys running task killers or anything?? I want a nice smooth, FAST ROM:)

Id stay away from WW. Creator is shady. HIs account was just banned on XDA. Anyways. I have learned from doing tons of NANDs and flashing everything I can find. For the kernal, look on XDA in the Eris section. I would link here but they dont like that. Thread is by zanfur and its called Overclock patch and update. I flashed that kernal. To get JIT to work with Aloysius, you need to remove Sense. Sorry, going to say search for that. I just removed fb stuff, friendster and rosie.apk and I cannot rem the other one that gave the fc, but when it popped up, I just googled it to find out which apk it was and removed it. If you dont like adb, buy rootexplorer, make things easier. But adb is the way to go.

I have flashed every single ROM. Tweaked them all out. Aloysius is by far the best. Without JIT, i was getting 3.3MFLOPS and it felt faster than that.

Upvote 0
To get JIT to work with Aloysius, you need to remove Sense. Sorry, going to say search for that. I just removed fb stuff, friendster and rosie.apk and I cannot rem the other one that gave the fc, but when it popped up, I just googled it to find out which apk it was and removed it.

You might be able to put back the Facebook sync. I don't know about Aloysius, but on Tainted Vanilla I was able to flash Facebook back onto it even with JIT enabled.

Upvote 0
You might be able to put back the Facebook sync. I don't know about Aloysius, but on Tainted Vanilla I was able to flash Facebook back onto it even with JIT enabled.

I removed it since I only used it because of syncing pics to contacts. I use syncmypix instead. I get rid of everything I dont use that doesnt mess wtih the system. But thanks for the heads up though.

Upvote 0
Id stay away from WW. Creator is shady. HIs account was just banned on XDA. Anyways. I have learned from doing tons of NANDs and flashing everything I can find. For the kernal, look on XDA in the Eris section. I would link here but they dont like that. Thread is by zanfur and its called Overclock patch and update. I flashed that kernal. To get JIT to work with Aloysius, you need to remove Sense. Sorry, going to say search for that. I just removed fb stuff, friendster and rosie.apk and I cannot rem the other one that gave the fc, but when it popped up, I just googled it to find out which apk it was and removed it. If you dont like adb, buy rootexplorer, make things easier. But adb is the way to go.

I have flashed every single ROM. Tweaked them all out. Aloysius is by far the best. Without JIT, i was getting 3.3MFLOPS and it felt faster than that.

well i found the thread, doing all that technical stuff like applying the patch, removing sense, adding JIT, etc....hahahaha @me.
I'm gonna need another walk through like when i was rooting my new Eris.
Any takers on helping?

Upvote 0
well i found the thread, doing all that technical stuff like applying the patch, removing sense, adding JIT, etc....hahahaha @me.
I'm gonna need another walk through like when i was rooting my new Eris.
Any takers on helping?

Provide the chic in the avatar for 1 night, no questions, everything goes and ill do it for you. :D:D

Just look at it this way. As long as you have a NAND, you dont have anything to worry about. Always make sure before flashing, you have at least 40% battery. If I wasnt slammed at work, Id give you more info but pretty much, here is a quick run down. And it is very simple man. If I can do it, anyone can.

flash latest kernal patch via recovery
Find a home replacement (removing rosie so you need one) Like helix, its very good.
install home replacement
remove rosie
reboot and install jit patch
you will get a few fc's. not the file names and google which apks they are to remove. once removed, reboot again. you should have no more fc's and a sick rom.

Upvote 0
that sounds moderatly simple.
I'll google where to find a home replacement, remove Rosie, JIT and Kernal patches. Something should tell me how to remove apks right? Do i need to know adb stuff? cause it was confusing me for awhile(cmd boxes and coding)

I'm about to enter a whole new world of ROM tinkering

Upvote 0
that sounds moderatly simple.
I'll google where to find a home replacement, remove Rosie, JIT and Kernal patches. Something should tell me how to remove apks right? Do i need to know adb stuff? cause it was confusing me for awhile(cmd boxes and coding)

I'm about to enter a whole new world of ROM tinkering

Picture this. When you are in a different country/state, and you want to see the good stuff and have a good time, you have to get lost to do this.
Same goes for our phone. Trial and error. I am no dev, but I have flashed and NAND more than I can count. ANd this is how I learn.

Upvote 0
Picture this. When you are in a different country/state, and you want to see the good stuff and have a good time, you have to get lost to do this.
Same goes for our phone. Trial and error. I am no dev, but I have flashed and NAND more than I can count. ANd this is how I learn.

But if you got lost and had the worst night of your life...
then stop!
You'll probably brick your phone
:rolleyes: Sorry.. but i'm a glass half empty kinda guy

Upvote 0
But if you got lost and had the worst night of your life...
then stop!
You'll probably brick your phone
:rolleyes: Sorry.. but i'm a glass half empty kinda guy

Speaking like this keeps people from trying new things. As long as you have the recovery img and a NAND, its pretty damn hard to brick your phone. Try to make sure you have at least 40% charge before flashing anything. Only time I have heard someone bricking is when flashing radios, which I dont ever recommend doing. I have been lucky in flashing those but will never test that again.

Moral story is, if you worried you will brick because of flashing ROMs, then maybe you shouldnt have root.

Just my 2 cents.

Upvote 0
Id stay away from WW. Creator is shady

****Flamesuit on****

That whole WW/Andrizoid issue is very unclear. Did he steal the ROM, theme or get in trouble for google apps being included?

The funny thing is...I STILL don't care. The rom works great, and the people that built it (if it is indeed stolen) should have released it for the Eris and then there wouldn't be a problem.

Devs are awesome. It's just sad the 'community' is turning into a hissy fit of bitches that just want credit instead of coming together to collectively make the best product/service/program possible.

Upvote 0
WW is amazing and fast. Soon as he releases 4.0 and as long as MMS is working I'm all over it. I just wish I knew how to pull 5 mflops on it(or any of the roms I have)
i hear there is an OC patch that I need to flash or something to get up to 768. My phone won't go over 710 even though the max is at 768

Upvote 0
****Flamesuit on****

That whole WW/Andrizoid issue is very unclear. Did he steal the ROM, theme or get in trouble for google apps being included?

The funny thing is...I STILL don't care. The rom works great, and the people that built it (if it is indeed stolen) should have released it for the Eris and then there wouldn't be a problem.

Devs are awesome. It's just sad the 'community' is turning into a hissy fit of bitches that just want credit instead of coming together to collectively make the best product/service/program possible.

I wont address this issue again. I just want to make 1 thing clear. I dont flame. I speak from what I know first hand. Lets just say I know 1 of the dev's he used. And I will leave it at that.

And about your comment about getting credit; how would you feel if someone took your work, took credit for it and EVEN GOT PAID FOR IT?and then never gave any credit to you? Yes its all free since its open source, but giving credit is free too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones