OverClocking Nexus One?????

Last Updated:

1. dckloos

dckloos Active Member This Topic's Starter

So i am very familiar with what Over Clocking is but i have not been able to do it on my Nexus One (i think)....Rooted and Installed Cyanogen ROM.....Downloaded SetCPU but when i go into the app it only shows that it can be Over Clocked to 998MHz.....I have seen and read many things that show that you can over clock to 1.1MHz....what am i doing wrong. I thought that once i rooted, flashed ROM and installed SetCPU it would show the 1.1MHz???????

Advertisement
  2. jblazea50

jblazea50 Well-Known Member

you need to flash the zImage and push the .ko file in order to be able to overclock; just rooting and using SetCPU won't do it; since you are running Cyanogen ROM, you can just download the zip file and go into recovery and flash the zip file

you should check out this thread: Overclocked and Undervolted

3. SnotF

SnotF Well-Known Member

Interesting read. However if pushing the limits is defined as a jump from 1ghz to 1.1, ill pass. That's a paltry gain. The kernel is worthwhile simply to save battery life... but if I can't double the numbers, I wont bother.

4. mi_canuck

mi_canuck Well-Known Member

the Droid guys seem to be able to easily double their clockspeeds... i guess the Snapdragon is close to maxed out as it is... while the Droid's CPU is way underclocked ?

5. mudrock1000

mudrock1000 Well-Known Member

I think I remember seeing a post at XDA that said he was working on an experimental kernel to overclock to 1.3.

However I see no need to do so. My nexus one runs just fine.