Overclocking widget?

Last Updated:

1. Sherman901

Sherman901 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I rooted my EVO today using the Unrevoked method and was toying around a little bit but I'm a little scared that I'd mess something up. I wasn't concerned with jailbreaking my iPhone but with an Android and all this ROM flashing talk it's got me kind of nervous but I like to tinker with stuff so I did it anyway.

I downloaded the overclocking widget from the market and was messing with some of the settings but I don't know exactly what I'm doing with it. I set the minimum for the lowest speed and the maximum for the highest but didn't really notice any speed boost and didn't know what speed the processor was running at. Anyone have any insight on what I should be doing? Can I damage the processor? For right now I uninstalled it but when it was running the numbers on the widget went up to like 998 or something and the letters were red then it'd drop to 300 something and I set the screen off frequencies (frequencies means CPU settings, I assume) to really low. Does that have an impact on the phone or will I just get some really rad battery life?

Also: how do I uninstall the sheisty Sprint apps?

Advertisement
  2. freeza

freeza Well-Known Member

I have SetCPU and have no idea how to overclock it at all. I chose the nexus one/snapdragon profile and can't seem to figure out how to increase the clock speed.

3. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

We can't overclock the Evo without a modified kernel. All you can do for now is underclock or change the profiles.

freeza likes this.
  4. infamousjax

infamousjax Well-Known Member

SetCPU will not let you overclock, however, you set an underclock profile to slow down the CPU when the screens off thus saving some major battery life.