Overclocking

1. xxkid123

xxkid123 Well-Known Member

So I've been reading up on overclocking lately.

Right now I'm flashing CM7, and I'm interested in overclocking my phone. What is a safe overclock speed for the inspire? I've heard from a friend that you can overclock up to 1.5 ghz, but I don't want to risk bricking it. I know of setCPU, but I don't have the cash to purchase it. Are there any free apps that will let me do this?

Thanks a bunch, and sorry if this has been covered.

Advertisement
    :
  2. gnosisjunky

gnosisjunky Well-Known Member

1.5 will be stable mostly but will chew through your battery pretty quick. Honestly when running cm7 i have never found a need to over clock. I have yet to find anything that can bog my phone down just running at 1ghz. The only time I have found that overclocking was an advantage was when trying to push out a high quadrant score but in reality there is no real world need to run your phone o/c. I run at 1ghz with standard undervolt to get really nice battery life through the day.

I personally really like talon ace 1.13 kernel. It gives lots of options for o/c and u/v for you and super stable. Hope this helps :)
  3. xxkid123

xxkid123 Well-Known Member

That does a lot! I wasn't aware that overclocking chewed up battery...actually now that I think of it, it makes a lot of sense. Coming from sense+go launcher I guess my natural inclination is to get as much ram and CPU as I can. Thanks for the reply.