Overclocking

Last Updated:

1. RaFF_MyZZteR

RaFF_MyZZteR Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys, I'm somewhat new to this site (first post) and I have followed everything stated on the stickies about rooting and such to get my self rooted. I'm running ultimated droid right now with SetCPU and my question to you all is, how do you get it even higher. In the video I followed (the 1 in the sticky), he installs everything and when installing the rom, has an option to install a 1.25 ghz rom. Given, he wasn't installing ultimate droid...but when I "crank it up," my max is 1 GHz. Is this because of the rom or am I missing something?

Thanks
    Raff

Advertisement
  2. RaFF_MyZZteR

RaFF_MyZZteR Active Member This Topic's Starter

Oh and also (probably should have asked this before rooting) but if I were to revert to a non-rooted Verizon ROM (2.0.1 or 2.1), will there be any way to tell that the phone was rooted? Any system files left-over when going back to stock or is it completely flashed off?

3. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

Different kernels allow for different levels of overclocking. If you want to go up to 1.25GHz, you need to flash a kernel that allows for that.

Also, if you want to return to stock with no trace of being rooted, there is a stick for that too. It's called 'now you can live without fear of bricking' or something to that extent.

RaFF_MyZZteR likes this.