Overheating caused by Apps to SD?Support

Last Updated:

1. GoinOnTilt

GoinOnTilt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm running the Virtuous 2.2

I've installed Apps to SD and have moved nearly all of my apps to the SD card.

My question is:

When I use certain apps (games), my phone gets very hot. I don't recall this happening when I ran the game (homerun battle 3d) normally from the phone.

Are others having the same problem with other apps? Is this created by the phone having to pull the apps from the SD?

Advertisement
  2. GoinOnTilt

GoinOnTilt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Am I in the wrong forum for this?!

3. tbeas

tbeas Well-Known Member

I'm having the overheating issue, but I don't use Apps2SD. All of my apps are stored on the phone.

I'm still trying to figure out exactly why the phone gets hot enough to overheat.

4. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

Move the app back to the phone and see if it doesn't overheat.

I don't see why people even use App2SD on the Inc. 748MB is a lot for apps, even larger games.

5. Kevsrocking

Kevsrocking Member

I noticed that too, and it caused my phone to do the endless reboot. I moved all my apps to SD when I got the 2.2 update. I did the factory restore and left my apps on the phone... still saw the problem. I'd be interested to see what you find out when you move yours back to your phone. I had to get a "like-new" phone replacement. I have the HTC Incredible.