Overheating- Please look inside(Helpz)Support

Last Updated:

1. Peji

Peji Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Not that this causes any problems but the phone gets really hot sometime, even when it's just chilling in my pocket. I have a task manager(called task manager) that auto kills apps 1min after screen timeout. Any advice on why it overheats? I never exit my Mail and Music app(put them on ignore list), could they be the cause?

Thank you in advance for any support.

Advertisement
  2. The_Gnome_

The_Gnome_ Well-Known Member

Hmmm, this isn't good.

When you say you never exit your music program, do you constantly have it playing music? If so, that could be the issue, though I've never really had my Hero get that hot.

3. Peji

I mean the music player doesn't hqve a stop button so its always paused/opened in background.

And maybe i might've over-exaggerated a bit about it, it's not really over heating but it's hotter than usual at times.

4. Jaffa

Jaffa Well-Known Member

Are you rooted,

5. Peji

No sir, Android 2.1 from orange original. It's not really SUPER hot ALL the time. I mean it's only a bit hot sometimes, like right now it's at an ok temp but yeah, it gets a noticable temp sometimes. I uninstalled my Dolphin HD browser just now to see if that was the problem.

6. AndyBoot

AndyBoot Member

Try dialling this:
    *#*#4636#*#*

Goto Battery History and check what is using the highest amount of battery.

It did this to me once once, I took it off charge in the morning, went swimming and came back to a red hot phone in my bag with 54% remaining. Reason... Bluetooth!

Since turning off bluetooth when idle, this has increased the battery life and cooled it down somewhat. My right leg no longer gets 2nd degree burns!

7. Peji

Hmm, thanks for that. I never really use bluetooth and its never on but it looks as if my wifi is always on, I should try switching it off once in a while lol. According to the stats, the wifi is on 100% of the time, not sure if that's a real problem but it's wat it says. Thanks anyway, I'll try to take care of that.

8. AndyBoot

AndyBoot Member

To save battery life on Wifi, I would heavily recommend Auto WiFi Toggle. With this it will automatically switch off WiFi on standby and switch it on when you wake it up.
    If it cannot find a WiFi hotspot, it will switch off WiFi again simply because of there being no point in staying on when there isn't anything there to connect to. You can however override this service by using the WiFi on off widgets (or via settings), so you still have complete control!

9. Peji

Link to this widget or app please? lol

10. Peji

Disregard the above post, I found the app, installing it now. Thanks btw :p

11. AndyBoot

AndyBoot Member

You're welcome! :cool:

Even something as simple as reducing the screen timeout and brightness helps too.

Let us know whether any of the above changes has helped rectify your problems!

12. Peji

Well I havent over heated but the battery seemed to be going down awfully fast since i installed it

13. AndyBoot

AndyBoot Member

hmmm odd! Have any of the stats improved within the info screen? (*#*#4636#*#*)