• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Overheating when Charging

alydubbb

Lurker
Jul 23, 2012
I charged my phone overnight, only for about 4 hours. When I woke up I picked it up, realized it was really hot, and tried to check the time. The screen flashed an exclamation point inside a battery box and went blank. I took out the battery, which was almost too hot to touch, and let it cool. When I put it back in it wouldn't turn on but would charge.

Has anyone else experienced this before? Should I look into getting a new battery?

I charged my phone overnight, only for about 4 hours. When I woke up I picked it up, realized it was really hot, and tried to check the time. The screen flashed an exclamation point inside a battery box and went blank. I took out the battery, which was almost too hot to touch, and let it cool. When I put it back in it wouldn't turn on but would charge.

Has anyone else experienced this before? Should I look into getting a new battery?

Sounds like it was probably a fault in the battery, though it could have been a short in the charging circuitry. There's a good chance that a new battery will fix the problem, but keep an eye on it while it's charging just in case.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones