Overheating.Support

1. SxxW39

SxxW39 Member

I only had this phone for 5 days now and two nights ago, the battery fully died when i was asleep. the next morning i woke up and it wouldn't turn on and every time i put the charger in, the charging light would just blink and was not solid. i pulled the battery 5 times and each time held down the power button for 10 seconds and finally by the 5th time of pulling the battery and holding the power button it finally came on. but now ever since that happened the phone over heats when its charging and even when its not charging. right now its not on the charger and its just sitting on my bed and its hot and the spot where it is on my bed is hot. does anyone know why this is happening or what i should do about it?

Advertisement
  2. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Well-Known Member

Have you tried a different charger? It's that or the battery, most likely.
  3. SxxW39

SxxW39 Member

Yeah, i use 4 different chargers, the original one, a blackberry one, the incredible 2 one, and the lg dare one. I guess i'm going to have to call verizon and get a new phone through insurance huh?
  4. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

You should reset the device immediately. If doing so doesn't fix the problem = then take the device into your local repair center for repairs or a replacement.

Good luck. :)
  5. SxxW39

SxxW39 Member

uhg thank you. i guess that is my only choice. i don't feel like have the battery exploding on my ear when i'm talking on the phone lol
  6. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Well-Known Member

Honestly, I wouldn't even go the reset route at this point. If your battery is getting that hot, you've cooked it anyway. Li-Ion batteries hate heat, and you likely have damaged it significantly, assuming the battery wasn't the issue to begin with.

I would call Verizon and get the phone and the battery replaced.