Overiding Screen Lock...How?Support

Last Updated: 2013-01-27 18:36:26
  1. steveo42

steveo42 Well-Known Member

My company has a security policy requiring the phone to lock after 30 minutes of no use. I have no problem with this except that it's a pain in the a$$ to type in an 8 character PW all the time..Is there some kind of "keep alive" application that will do a fake touch or something like that in order to fool the application into thinking I'm doing something with the phone.

I tried No-Lock but it doesn't over ride this.

TIA.

Advertisement
  2. cbreze

cbreze Well-Known Member

try battery indicator pro. It comes with a screen lock enable/disable toggle. Works great for me. No guarantees, but worth a shot.
  3. shelland

shelland Well-Known Member

Is that because you have your Exchange account set up on your phone? If so, try the application Enhanced Email. Not sure how exactly it gets around it, but I've never had to set up any security on my phone using it. When I tried the stock app and Touchdown, I was required to set a password when setting up my account.
  4. andy88488

andy88488 Well-Known Member

I use Unlock with Wifi and it's great. What it does is this: if you are within any pre-designated Wifi location (ie Home and Office), your phone doesn't lock. Once you leave the shelter of this safe Wifi location, the phone locks as normal.

Oh, not sure if it will override Exhange settings. Check on the app's page or with the developer. However, you can always try the free version first!
  5. steveo42

steveo42 Well-Known Member

Hi Guys.
    The application is Lotus Notes Traveler and my company requires the phone to lock after 30 minutes. A real pain.
    I haven't been able to override it yet.
  6. fegriffith

fegriffith Well-Known Member

I'm using Delayed Lock, which actually keeps the lock in place but allows me to override the default swipe screen (gets rid of it altogether) and allows me to increase the amount of time before the lock activates (Motorola only goes up to 20 minutes...I want an hour).

I did discover that setting it to an hour it seemed like the lock never engaged. I finally tried setting it to 55 minutes and it does engage. Not sure what was going on there...the dev suggested the phone might have been going into some sleep mode that was not allowing delayed lock to do its thing.

No Lock worked for me when I was just trying to get rid of the slider. I suspect Delayed Lock won't work for you...but thought I'd mention it.
  7. happycybog

happycybog New Member

Hi Guys ,

The issue here is that the Lotus Traveler enforces the highest security parameter for unlocking phone. I used 'enforce' because it disables other modes of unlocking methods. For instance you have unlocking pattern, 4 digit pin and 8 character password listed in your phone security settings. According to Lotus algorithm it finds 8 character unlocking password more secured so it disables other methods. Okay speaking about solution, The 'No lock', 'No lock screen' 'Lock screen’ and ’WiFi unlocker’ applications available in Play store is not smart enough to override / bypass Lotus traveler. If you deactivate the traveler in “Phone administrator” under Location & Settings then you will not get mails, calendar and notify working.
    :(
    So the solution is not with me however I have installed new Lotus traveler and will be back with solution.
    If someone have fix then please let me know.
  8. orion12209

orion12209 New Member

I am trying to install Notes Traveler for my office on my Kindle Fire HD 8.9. I am able to access, download, and successfully install Traveler, but the program does not seem to recognize that the Kindle has a numeric lock screen function. Has anybody found a way around this. I don't need to override the Traveler lock screen requirement, just make it work. Thanks
  9. razrclive

razrclive Well-Known Member

Would you be more likely to get an answer from Kindle Fire HD forums as likely not many people here me included have a Kindle fire or know anything about its options.