overlockers

Last Updated:

1. Jakbob

Jakbob Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok so first id like to start by asking how many of you oc? What speed do u run at and for the failsafe profilw what tem do you have it set at. Im running at 800 curremtly and have the temp set tp 45c and was wondering how "safe" i am ( stable). Thanks :)

Advertisement
  2. Stolz25

Stolz25 Well-Known Member

I think it depends a lot on which rom you are using. Some people have said older versions of certain roms at 800 run much hotter than newer rooms at 1ghz. I would imagine you're fine, I'm running at 1ghz right now. My temperature setting is at 40c though and I do hit it pretty often.

3. Jakbob

Im running BB1.0 so i think im good. Im not willing to risk my phone for a1second performance boost ;P

4. Jakbob

Also, could someone describe a dangerous temp region and a safe one. Ex:anything below 'X' = :) anything above 'X' = :( lol ty

5. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member

Right now I'm on BB 7.9 and running at 1.1ghz. I had tried 1.2ghz twice, but I could never get it stable. It was buttery smooth in performance, but then the reboots would come after opening certain apps and such. I guess that's why the 1.2 slot was removed.

6. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member

SetCPU had the failsafe preset set at 50C, so that's probably a good mark. I personally don't like mine running more than 40C (over 100F), which only happened while running 1.2ghz. I generally run anywhere from 31-37C.

7. jasonb1985

jasonb1985 Well-Known Member

Running AdamZ Smoked Glass v4.5 at 800mhz. I have the battery failsafe set to go back to 550mhz at 42.5c.

8. taz55

taz55 Well-Known Member

im running smoked glass to. i leave mine set at 800. with failsafe at 40 for the moment.

9. iamloco724

iamloco724 Well-Known Member

you run at these temps even when doing heavy web browsing and what not?

10. jasonb1985

jasonb1985 Well-Known Member

i run in the high 40's (on the processor) when web browsing for long periods of time. it jumps around quite a bit but it's pretty much in the high 40's.

11. rjoudrey

rjoudrey Well-Known Member

DroidMod 1.0 running at 1.0mhz. Failsafe set at 46 C. Been running mainly low 80's F to 105-115F range.

12. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

I started OC'ing at 800. The speed increase was sweet, so naturally when a newer kernel was available I went up to 950. At both of these speeds, my phone was running cool to the touch and had excellent battery life. Recently, I bumped it up to 1100. It slaughtered my battery life. The only way I can keep the battery trucking is to use a 250/250 profile for sleep/standby. Haven't tried 1200 yet as I've heard a lot of phones are unstable at that speed and I'm just not in the mood to try pushing it any further with the abysmal battery life I'm having right now.

13. emdmao

emdmao Well-Known Member

I'm running DroidMod 1.0 at 1.2g with my failsafe at 47c. I have never hit that temperature even while surfing the web and streaming music at the same time. If I am doing both of those tasks or anything really intensive I will get up to around 105 degrees. Before the new kernel I hit 115 sometimes.

Using the web alone it gets around 95 degrees, and streaming music alone it has never reached 90.

edit: also using live wallpapers and screen set at 100% (normally) I don't know how much affect either of these has though, if any.

14. UGAdroid

UGAdroid Well-Known Member

I didnt want to start a new post for this random question, so I figured this would be the best place to ask. Sorry to hijack the thread, so I will also post an answer to your question...

I am on Beast 1.0. running 1000/600. Failsafe is at >40, 550/250. I have only had it hit that one time.

My Q: When I go to "system info" in setcpu...it says "Hardware:sholes". Why does it say sholes? I am not running a sholes ROM. However I was running a sholes ROM when I installed setcpu, is this why?

15. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Sholes was the codename for the Droid before it was officially announced as such. It may just be that the chipset/hardware are still tagged "sholes", as this is something that most users will probably never see.

UGAdroid likes this.