• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Overnight Battery Life Questions

Since my battery started dying before I went to sleep last night I ended up getting a full charge by the time I went to bed. Just to see how much battery it would drain I turned on night battery saver mode and left it off the charger overnight. In the 6 hours it was off the charger it drained 20% and said 24% of the battery went to sensors.qcom and 24% went to Google Maps. I'm not exactly sure why either of those would drain battery, I don't even know what the first is. And when I looked in my apps it said Googld Maps had been running for like 20 some hours but when I closed it it re-opened in my running applications. I was just wondering what all of that meant.

mine with wifi and sync on, I lose about ~5% overnight, that's about 6/7 hours.

will depend on how your settings are, if you have phone auto checking/synching 5 mailboxes every 1 minute, it's gonna drain your battery, currently have 4 accounts it's auto checking every 10 minutes and i lose that amount of battery life.

hope this helps, also, turn off gps that will help a bit, i just use profile +, well worth the money and you can set profiles to pretty much any kind of setting, something seriously missing on IOS when I had my Iphone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones