Overnight charge headache solutionTips

1. edcooper714

edcooper714 Well-Known Member

AutomateIt Pro ($1.50) allows you to set triggers. Set one that will trigger when the screen is off and the charger is in. You can set it to no sound and screen brightness to minimum for 5 sec. So, in reality you can set the phone in the charger at night next to you and it won't wake you up. No sound no screen.

Advertisement
  2. edcooper714

I forgot to indicate that it triggers these actions when the charge reaches 100%.
  3. dirge

dirge Member

The Charge makes a sound when it is fully charged??? News to me. Though, I am a heavy sleeper. :)
  4. edcooper714

Yep. Standard system sound.
  5. nyg010

nyg010 Well-Known Member

I might be missing something, but I don't get it..Modernized Li-ion batteries are meant to automatically disable charging once it has retained a full charge.
  6. juanito157

juanito157 Well-Known Member

Same thing happened on the htc Incredible.. had to unplug and plug it back in, in the morning while getting ready for work. That 45 min charge usually put me to full before walking out the door
  7. edcooper714

Sorry folks. Let me clarify. There was a thread (I could not find) where people were complaining that if you plug your phone in at night when you go to bed and it's on a nightstand next to you......when it is fully charged the screen comes on and it makes the system sound waking you up and forcing you to turnoff the screen.

AutomateIt provides a way that when the phone reaches 100% charge the screen doesn't come on and the system notification sound does not come on.

Sorry for the confusion.
  8. 73JER

73JER Member

I've only had the DC 3 days now. Every morning when I wake up the screen is awake on the nightstand. I thought this was weird too. Phone is not rooted.
  9. stueycaster

stueycaster Well-Known Member

I use the charging dock that comes from Verizon. My DC has become my alarm clock. I got the AudioGuru app and was able to silence the fully charged notification.
  10. zeldaboy101

zeldaboy101 Well-Known Member

I just have my phone on vibrate and I don't hear a thing. :)
  11. smguy101

smguy101 Well-Known Member

I downloaded Missed Call Deluxe from the Market, set my missed call and sms alerts on and made the system notification sound silent, I dont hear anything now!