• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Overskreen browser & screen timeout on Samsung GN

liviococcia

Apr 14, 2012
UK
Hello Members
I'm using Overskreen browser on my andriod gingerbread 'Galaxy note', and as i browse the web the screen powersave timeout will kick in.

I don't want to completely turn this feature off, but would just like it that the screen timeout feature is disabled while browsing.

Is there a setting in the Overskreen browser, or a short cut switch from the phones desktop to turn this power saving feature on or off at will.

Any help would be great from members.

Regards
Livio

I don't know this browser, but you can use a (paid) app called Tasker to control this behaviour (any many other things). For example, I have a Tasker profile which disables the screen timeout when certain apps are active - Maps and Navigation in my case, but you could do this for any app you like.

Thanks Hadron, i'll have a look at the app.

If your interested, Overskreen browser's unique in that it opens webpages as windows aswell as tabs, only under android gingerbread the flash on webpages isn't loaded, your ok if your running ICS though.
Regards

Upvote 0
I haven't used Overskreen in a few weeks, so I don't recall if that feature is there or not; at least when I tried it, I remember it being fairly basic at that point. If you can't find any resolution to the issue, you can always try emailed the Dev and see if it can be added in a future update.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones