Overview on the developments of the Hero

Last Updated:

1. ares

ares Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone!

So lately I've been thinking about buying myself a new phone, mainly because I'm moving out of my parents' house so I will need a phone for myself.

A friend of mine is a proud owner of the HTC magic and he's really contend with it. To make a long story short, I've did some (online) research and my current choice lies with the HTC Hero. Now, I've already seen/read several reviews/comparisons of the Hero, and one of the main things I ran into was the lagginess. Most of the reviews are relatively old (july/august) and since thats almost half a year ago I wondered how much the Hero has developed since then? Mostly firmware-wise.

Was hoping you guys could help me out with that!

Thanks in advance ;) ;)

Advertisement
  2. Bhav

Bhav Well-Known Member

It's fantastic now! Yes there's still lag occasionally, but it's nothing like what the reviews said back then (because there was a ROM update a few months ago).

Don't forget that the majority of those who post on forums will be people who are having issues. Those that don't have any problems tend not to post as much!

And it's being updated early next year to Android 2.1, bringing more features and bug fixes.

3. ares

ares Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the fast response ;)
    Sounds good! I don't really think 'lag' when browsing photo's is a problem, my main concern was lag while scrolling down webpages and such. So lag while browsing , in general.
    The phone's still awesome! :D

4. Bhav

Bhav Well-Known Member

Yeah I believe there were issues with lag when scrolling between the home screens. But that's not an issue anymore.