Overwhelming EVO 4G Activations Bring Down Sprint

Last Updated:

1. phandroid

phandroid Admin News Bot Recognized Contributor This Topic's Starter

Sprint might not have been prepared for just how many people wanted to get their hands on the HTC EVO 4G today, as their activation system has been off and on throughout the day. Now there are reports that the entire activation system has come crashing to the ground, stranding some new EVO owners with [...]

More...

Advertisement
  2. EasyEEE

EasyEEE Well-Known Member

Yeah, I had an appt at Best Buy at 1100, and left at 1:30pm EST. It was rough.

BUT, they did honor to match Radio Shack's pre-order deal of $20 off accessories - so I got 3 $21 cases for $1.

And then with the InvisiShield, they had a deal for a free Plantronics Explorer 230 with each InvisiShield,.. so got 3 of those for free.

Since I waited so long, they didn't charge me to apply the InvisiShield.

And at the last minute, I remembered to have the take off the tax they charged on the gift cards when I pre-ordered.

3. jasperwill

jasperwill Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good deal. I'm jealous of the evo. But I'm very happy with Verizon. Have never dropped a call and very rarely get bad quality. I also know a few places (like my local safeway) that no-one but VZW gets any service.

4. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton Well-Known Member

^ I hope nobody clicks that link. -_- Spammer

Anonimac Edit: no more link to click