Own 2 Dinc's now own 1 Droid 2

Last Updated:

1. Old Member

Old Member Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

We bought my son a Droid 2 from Wirefly because they were free. I am AMAZED at how slow that stupid thing is. It drives me crazy trying to do ANYTHING on it. Has anyone else used a Droid 2? I'm wondering if it is a bad phone or if it is just how slow it REALLY is. I can post videos if anyone is interested. If you try to put a widget or even a shortcut to an app on your phone and it takes at least 15-20 seconds for the list to pop up after you push the Applications button. That isn't all, it is slow all the way around. Makes me hope it's a bad phone, not that they are all bad because if it is how they are made, then who in their right mind would buy one and keep it once they played with the Dinc?

Advertisement
  2. jkmasi

jkmasi Well-Known Member

When I first switched from my Inc to a Droid X I was amazed at how slow the X was compared to the Inc. Everything is instantaneous on the Inc - but, you're right - adding shortcuts to apps or adding widgets to the home screens..... SLOW.

Prefer battery life, call quality and screen size of the X, however.

3. Old Member

Old Member Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

There is NO flick and scroll with the phone either. It's more like flick and stutter. Try scrolling through the app drawer . . . more like you PUSH it through the app drawer.

*** BTW Mods, thanks for throwing this thread into the abyss that is the Lounge. It's sure to be seen and replied to by 1-2 people now.

4. Wirefly

Wirefly Well-Known Member

PM me your order number and we can assist you with an exchange as long as you are still in the first 30 days. It does sound like the equipment is bad. I am sorry to hear that...I have a Droid2 and do not have issues with speed. I look forward to hearing from you so I can help. :)

5. grainysand

grainysand Well-Known Member

That's bizarre. The X is supposed to have a far superior GPU to the Incredible; the same applies to the Droid 2--all Motorola phones use higher-specced GPU chips than HTC's anemic first-gen Snapdragons.

6. zerocool79346

zerocool79346 Well-Known Member

It's not a processor problem, it's a UI problem. Sense is far superior to Moto's UI no matter what they call it, and it is much more optimized to the phone's hardware. However, the Droids will blow HTC away when compared during gameplay or benchmarks because the OMAP is superior.

7. mikeymop

mikeymop Well-Known Member

I heard the Snapdragon is more powerful per clock, and can be clocked higher. However the GPU it's coupled with is inferior to the Omap's SOC. The Omap also comsumes less power then the hungry Snapdragon included in hte Inc

8. 350Rocket

350Rocket Well-Known Member

It can't be normal, I have an LG Shine Plus, that runs 2.1, and even with the LG launcher as opposed to the plain android one, it never runs anywhere near that slow and it's not a high end device.

9. zerocool79346

zerocool79346 Well-Known Member

Not sure about being clocked higher (though I doubt it when using the OMAP in the Droid 1 as reference), but I'm fairly certain that the OMAP is a newer generation than the Snapdragon is.

10. grainysand

grainysand Well-Known Member

Yeah, that I can well believe. Custom Android skins are often unfortunate. Moto owners will just have to use Launcher Pro, I guess.