• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Oxygen 2.0

No_u

Android Enthusiast
Sep 4, 2010
Soo, after using CM7 for 2 weeks I've decided to flash Oxygen 2.0. CM7's shortfalls were the battery life and storage space. I'm hearing crazy story about batteries lasting days and the ROM has native apps2sd+ support.

However during the process of repartitioning and all that, I've deleted 9/10th of my SD card including the nandroid backup. Thankfully I do have the original HTC Sense backup on my PC. So I guess I can't go back to CM7 like it was about 2 hours ago.

Any tips on Oxygen? Seems like a solid ROM, just too bad my app backup was deleted too :rolleyes:

I've had Oxygen 2.0 running for the last 4 days (pretty much as soon as it was released!). Battery was pretty good, generally it was dropping 3-4% per hour with normal use.

I updated to 2.0.1 last night though and also flashed the latest radio. Battery today has been unbelievable - really not using much juice at all on standby.

I finished charging almost 8 hours ago, some light use on wifi (browsing and watched a few mins youtube videos), little bit of facebooking and Plume. Couple of emails and maybe a dozen texts in and out.
Sitting at 80% battery now.

The only thing to consider is that it is a basic ROM. No A2SD+, you'll need to flash Darktremor script. No biggie though, I'm not the most technically minded and managed it.

I quite like the stock experience. You might have different battery life if you're using ADW or Launcherpro.
Brilliant ROM in my book.

Reactions: Element54
Upvote 0
Well he was right, the apps2sd+ on Oxygen doesn't move dalvik cache.. So you can still easily run out. I've installed darktremor and put the dalvik cache to SD as well. Went from 70 to 110 MB internal. Don't think I'll ever have to worry about my internal memory again :D

Reactions: Element54
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones