P1, great phone only a couple of niggles so farGeneral

Last Updated:

1. ayrshiredude

ayrshiredude Well-Known Member

So Have the Huawei Ascend P1 and so far it seems like a great phone. The only problems that I have found so far are to do with the headphone socket.

1. When you have headphones plugged in and listening to music, notifications play through the headphones ok, however they also still play through the phones external speaker.

2. When listening to music through headphones and you remove the headphone jack from the socket the music does not stop playing however starts playing through the external speaker.

Neither of these are major issues however would be great if Huawei could fix them as they are kinda annoying.

2. Embridioum

Embridioum Active Member

I don't have these problems.

Have you tried a different music player?
    Are you using the original headphones (I don't)?

I use MixZing and use the EQ to turn up the max volume which is the biggest drawback for me, being so low.
  3. ayrshiredude

There was a software update a few weeks ago and it doesn't seem to do it now :). I am using a pair of Ultimate Ears 700 so pretty good earphones. The only thing is the volume is very low as you say. Does using the EQ in mixZing to upt the volume have any effect on the quality of the music?
  4. Embridioum

Embridioum Active Member

Yes. It's peaking pretty much, creating distortions.
    But while on the tram and in the city I don't mind.
  5. ayrshiredude

Ah ok not so good. I have resorted to using my old Archos 605 Wifi which sounds amazing :) Pity this phone isn't very loud as I much prefer using my phone rather than haveing to cart around a heavy mp2 player.
  6. Embridioum

Embridioum Active Member

Yeah, I hear you.

There are apps like Volume+ that might help, but I think they work like the equalizer.
  7. qpidtheloveman

qpidtheloveman New Member

i also have low sound problems, but i think its a software issue bacause when i make a viber call while playing musik, just after the call (it has to be answered) the volume becomes loud, nice loud quality sound...try it. That said, i think its fixable, unfortunately i am no software guru
  8. olbriar

olbriar Moderator Moderator

I might suggest trying a different player. All players aren't created equal.

Welcome to Android Forums qpidtheloveman. I hope you enjoy these forums and we thank you for becoming a member. Good luck with your low volume issue.