p3 kernels work great but....

Last Updated:

1. hexon

hexon Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just installed p3's lv 1.1ghz froyo kernel after using chevys ulv 1.1. Chevys was faster for me but p3 seems to have better battery life. however, p3 doesn't show many apps under battery usage whereas chevys listed a lot of apps. my usage has been the same. is this just a kernel bug?

Advertisement
  2. obutto

obutto Well-Known Member

Different Droids have different responses to different kernels and ROMs.

*Note the word different :). Thats as simple as I can state it. Find out what works best for you.

3. hexon

hexon Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I know my battery usage and performance will differ based on different phones, but I'm just asking if other peoples p3 kernels list more than 4 or 5 tasks under battery usage?

4. Camaros_Kill

Camaros_Kill Member

ive noticed the same thing in the battery use menu. chevyno1 shows liike everything and the p3 1.2 froyo kernel im on right now shows voice, display, cell standby, phone idle, and screebl.

5. Drewsky

Drewsky Member

Actually i ran Chevys 250-1250 and my battery life went from 70% -30% in a matter of 3 hours.... before that the only kernels i have ran were P3's... needless to say im back on P3's and my battery life and performance are both much better. With a few phone calls a day ( around 20?) my phone can go 2 days without dying. If i have nothing better to do and mess around all day playing games... it still lasts me all day.

6. vr6dubbin

vr6dubbin Well-Known Member

I have a p3droid LV 250-1000 kernel and my battery life is pretty good. Here is what currently shows in the list after 3 1/2 hrs.

Display
    Cell Standby
    Voice Calls
    Android System
    Phone idle
    Android OS

7. William T Riker

William T Riker Well-Known Member

was actually the opposite for me, getting better battery life out of chevy's lv 1.2 than I did with p3's would barely make it a day on p3 but on the chevy I can push almost 2 days before charging, im set at 1000 max 250 min ondemand