P3113 root.

Last Updated:

1. TheFictioneer

TheFictioneer Active Member

So i am ready to root this thing. Should i do a standard root or root/flash cyanogenmod 10? As of now i havent done anything. My goal is to remove bloatware and overclock...also want ps3 controller working. I have a rooted ics phone but i dont do anything crazy. Just like the ability to control everything! & also want it to run as smooth as possible. Any advice is appreciated.

2. bill_in_mtl

bill_in_mtl Active Member

3. Drang

Drang Active Member

Used that method, can't figure out how to do more than delete the updates to bloatware, and, of course, next time you boot it'll try to update them again. Am I missing a step?
  4. TadeoNYC

TadeoNYC Well-Known Member

You need an app like titanium backup or android tuner to freeze the app.
  5. bill_in_mtl

bill_in_mtl Active Member

I use an app called no bloat free which allows you to freeze, blacklist, or remove system apps outright.

Most apps recommend you first freeze an app - to make sure there are no adverse effects to the tablet, you can then remove if you need additional memory space

6. ZeroGeined

ZeroGeined Well-Known Member

+1 on Titanium
  7. orangejuicebox

orangejuicebox Well-Known Member

I have rooted a phone before but rooting an updated galaxy tab2 scares me. Since it is completely updated which rooting method should I use especially since its on jb 4.2.2. I saw this youtube video and i was considering it but I need someone else input How To - Root Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7" + Add CWM - Easy! - YouTube

if someone can guide me or look at the video and indicate if it would be okay to use then I will go ahead and root my tab. Only thing reason I want to root it for is to use my six axis controller app that I currently have on my rooted LG phone

8. ZeroGeined

ZeroGeined Well-Known Member

I just rooted my wife's, installed CWM, and CM10.1 with no issues using the same method. Follow those directions and you won't have any issues.