• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root PAC ROM/PA/Carbon interest?

WaxysDargle

Jul 17, 2012
So, after using PAC 5.1 ROM i realized quickly that almost none of the staple features of these ROMs are going to be available for a while in 5.1.

So, i beg the question: how difficult would it be to get a 4.4.4 version of one or all of these ROMs? ParanoidAndroid was always my favorite, and the most stable. i would like access to features like the phablet UI and so on.

anyone interested in taking it on? i can make it (at least partially) worth your while. i still like kitkat enough to use it as a daily driver.

So, after using PAC 5.1 ROM i realized quickly that almost none of the staple features of these ROMs are going to be available for a while in 5.1.

So, i beg the question: how difficult would it be to get a 4.4.4 version of one or all of these ROMs? ParanoidAndroid was always my favorite, and the most stable. i would like access to features like the phablet UI and so on.

anyone interested in taking it on? i can make it (at least partially) worth your while. i still like kitkat enough to use it as a daily driver.
Well to get a 4.4.4 one we have to build from source. So that means build a tree and etc.
We have a build tree from hroark13 but I don't know if it will work. We could also ask the butternoob creator. I feel though that having the latest version of android is more important to me. I'll try a 4.4.4 PAC ROM later if I can't port the features up. I'd definitely be willing to try if PAC 5.1 doesn't need updates anymore.

Upvote 0

What were you thinking? I'll try to port up 4.4.4 PAC ROM or whatever version they have. Can we safely downgrade our devices though? Also would you rather have a 4.4.4 version or the hybrid properties feature of old PAC ROM ported up. I can try both

Upvote 0
What were you thinking? I'll try to port up 4.4.4 PAC ROM or whatever version they have. Can we safely downgrade our devices though? Also would you rather have a 4.4.4 version or the hybrid properties feature of old PAC ROM ported up. I can try both
i guess i should have asked first if any of the LP ROMs had any of those old features contained in the 4.4 ROMs. so far from what i've seen, they all seem to have the same general features, which are basic UI options, like status bar icons and extra gesture options and such. i am looking for options like tablet/phablet UI, PIE, halo etc. i feel like these features improved my experience a lot. after looking at the PAC ROM we now have, for instance, it had almost the exact same features as CM. great features to have, but i personally enjoy having tons of options that arent limited to just the status bar and themes.

i am not sure where exactly these features began to fall short. i do know paranoidandroid took a long time to bring features into KK, and the last time i used PAC on another device it was 4.3.1.... kitkat always brings me stability and great battery life. i am beginning to stray from 5.1 because there are so many bugs, even in stock ROMs.

i would basically be happy with any ROM that kept my battery life kicking and had tons of features. not looking to revert to gingerbread, though ;) . really just curious about the possibilities at this point.

Upvote 0
i guess i should have asked first if any of the LP ROMs had any of those old features contained in the 4.4 ROMs. so far from what i've seen, they all seem to have the same general features, which are basic UI options, like status bar icons and extra gesture options and such. i am looking for options like tablet/phablet UI, PIE, halo etc. i feel like these features improved my experience a lot. after looking at the PAC ROM we now have, for instance, it had almost the exact same features as CM. great features to have, but i personally enjoy having tons of options that arent limited to just the status bar and themes.

i am not sure where exactly these features began to fall short. i do know paranoidandroid took a long time to bring features into KK, and the last time i used PAC on another device it was 4.3.1.... kitkat always brings me stability and great battery life. i am beginning to stray from 5.1 because there are so many bugs, even in stock ROMs.

i would basically be happy with any ROM that kept my battery life kicking and had tons of features. not looking to revert to gingerbread, though ;) . really just curious about the possibilities at this point.
Yea I honestly didn't know they removed the features. I may try to port them up if possible but I'm not sure if paranoid android has the feature anymore. There's an xposed module for it but still. If I can maybe I'll port carbon ROM or a kitkat PAC rom

Upvote 0
Sorry I was still thinking about 5.1. You don't think there's a version floating around?
No need to apologize. And For our device? Lol probably not. Unless someone has made one out of the blue. But if I'm not mistaken I'm pretty sure you can try to port a tree over? I'm not sure if that's correct though. Either way that would be hard and I believe it would be easier to just build one from source. Correct me if I'm wrong in this. I have never even built a ROM from source so..lol :p

Upvote 0
No need to apologize. And For our device? Lol probably not. Unless someone has made one out of the blue. But if I'm not mistaken I'm pretty sure you can try to port a tree over? I'm not sure if that's correct though. Either way that would be hard and I believe it would be easier to just build one from source. Correct me if I'm wrong in this. I have never even built a ROM from source so..lol :p
Oh yea. I figure there isn't one for our device but if we find a 4.4 one we could probably use the same method @hroark13 used to port it

Upvote 0

here just for you, since you are so awesome

it is a 444 Pac ROM

pretty sure everything works, but not 100 percent sure
I did not test mobile data, cause I dont have a active SIM to use

It was built from source on my system, but I had to manually copy some files and re-zip it
I notice Pac Console crashes, not sure why

Anyway, it is yours, I cant put any more time into it, but you and others can use it as you wish
https://www.mediafire.com/?xq4g4bny4i9h6w1
md5sum 79779249297b53d0f36e9a65f5594e1b

Upvote 0

it is a 444 Pac ROM

It was built from source on my system, but I had to manually copy some files and re-zip it

Anyway, it is yours, I cant put any more time into it, but you and others can use it as you wish
Dang...I wish I was as good as you. Lol you just blow em out one by one. Ima be up there as good as you. Just you wait.

Upvote 0
Dang...I wish I was as good as you. Lol you just blow em out one by one. Ima be up there as good as you. Just you wait.
Exactly. I'm gonna try to port carbon 5.1 later today if you want to help. The butternoob dev said he could give me some advice too. I'm sire if I really had to I can ask @hroark13 but he seems busy

Upvote 0

it is a 444 Pac ROM

works like a charm

Reactions: CYCONUMNUM
Upvote 0
WOAH....WHAT a flashback!!!!!!!
ran like a clock with the exception of video playback being inverted color wise ......
made my phone feel reeeeal clunky and chunky ....
PAC ROM 11 GAPPS only Backed Up.....
PAC ROM 12.1 RESTORED ...lol......i thought it would be a good visit till i saw th mix of "bigger is better " and "Way Cool PAC ROM" features ...
hhhmmmmm...was kinda too much of TOO LITTLE ....thanx tho hroark13 ....YOU DA MAN!!!

Upvote 0
here is Carbon ROM 5.1.1 for ZMAX
https://www.mediafire.com/?9awi0yt41mtmwqa
md5sum a6052fd17d72079d0fa4211483d06f15

someone use it as a base for you own ROM if you want, I dont want to support it, maybe I can answer some questions here and there
God damn it. Better find a new one to port. Maybe dirty unicorn or paranoid android?

Upvote 0

it is a 444 Pac ROM

you, sir, get twenty cookies for your awesomeness.

Reactions: CYCONUMNUM
Upvote 0
here is Carbon ROM 5.1.1 for ZMAX
https://www.mediafire.com/?9awi0yt41mtmwqa
md5sum a6052fd17d72079d0fa4211483d06f15

someone use it as a base for you own ROM if you want, I dont want to support it, maybe I can answer some questions here and there
Dude...you should make a tutorial on how you do things..lol I'm at an awe right now...any who, we should make seperate threads for each ROM? So that they have their own place and people can flash what they want and report bugs on that certain ROM and not here

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones