Package Access HelperSupport

Last Updated:

1. Jayvivet

Jayvivet New Member

Package access helper is showing up on my battery usage and its taking up a big percentage (20 per cent currently). It just appeared yesterday out of no where. I have looked at apps I have installed and none look like they are causing this. I have checked online but no one knows much about this. Somebody please help. I am running official ics and the battery has been brilliant until yesterday.

Advertisement
  2. squeezix

squeezix New Member

Hi. I'm posting here for the benefit of those people searching this problem in the future.

Last night I found a solution for my particular version of the "Package Access Helper" problem: I unfroze all the apps I had ever frozen.

Package Access Helper now behaves properly.

If I had to guess, I'd guess that it was trying to talk to or do something with one of those frozen apps, it was unexpectedly getting an error (due to the other being frozen), the original developer at Google did not allow for the possibility of an error on the request (=bad= engineer, or time-rushed), and it was going into a loop over the difficulty. Et voila. There it is.
  3. tdodd

tdodd Well-Known Member

I've seen this in the past, but not for a long while. I think in my case a simple reboot fixed it, but my memory might be iffy on that so don't take it as gospel. No harm to try a reboot before messing with the config beyond that.