• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Package file invalid?

No problems here, just updated some apps (I do them manually).
Any recent changes you made or apps installed?

By the way, your sig says you are on Redux, but your Phone detail under your Avatar says you are on MIUI...

Cheers, I managed to sort it by updating to 29. And I know my Rom info us all over the place, I forgot to change my Sig, and I only really get chance to go in the forum using the app.

Upvote 0
This may or may not be relevant to your situation, but here's what the deal was with mine. I have CyanogenMod 7.1 installed, which puts dalvik-cache in the /cache partition instead of /data.

When you install apps from the Market, it downloads the .apk to /cache/downloads and installs it from there. If you don't have enough room in /cache/dalvik-cache for the installer to put the necessary files there, the install fails with a "package file is invalid" error.

There's nothing wrong with the package file at all. It's purely a matter of not having enough space in your /cache partition.

(forgive me if you see this exact same post in multiple places - if I'd known weeks ago that it wasn't really an "invalid package file" issue, it would've saved me a ton of useless googling - just trying to spare others the same hassle)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones