• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Package file invalid

Nov 15, 2009
I got a t-mobile g1 the same week it was released and have been using android phones ever since. Hardly a problem and would never consider using any other OS.

Recently however i have come up against a real problem. When i try to download apps from the market i get mixed results. Some apps install perfectly but some seem to download then i get a little diologue box saying package file invalid. Sometimes It says package fis is not signed correctly. This even happened to a google app (google earth). Annoyingly it has also happened to apps i have bought and am trying to update. Rom Manager, Crazy Snowboard Pro and Mobo Player.

I have done a factory data reset cleared the cache, tried to download over wifi but the same problem persists. I have come to the conclusion that the market is the problem. As i can download other apps it can not be my phone (Galaxy Tab p1000). As others are downloading the same apps it cannot be the apps.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so did they find a way around it?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones